Chapter 8

"So have you figured it out yet?" Suga asked as he took a sip of his milkshake.

You dipped a chip in your own and ate it before replying, "you mean in the last couple hours since we spoke?"

"No. I haven't."

The dark haired sighed and twirled his straw around his drink. The restaurant was pretty empty as it was still school time, so the two of you were talking in low voices at the nearest table. The waiters were giving you weird looks, probably wondering why you weren't in school.

"Think, (Y/n). Try to think of anything that explains the past couple of days."

"Well..." you started thoughtfully, "I know I've been randomly falling asleep and–"

"Have you?" he interrupted. "Have you really been falling asleep?"

Is that his way of telling me I haven't?

You thought carefully. "Okay... So I haven't been falling asleep?"

Suga shrugged. "You tell me."

You thought about the past couple of times something weird happened. Each time, you didn't remember ever falling asleep.

But what about the time Jimin said he saw me fall asleep?

"Why did you tell me not to trust Jimin?" you suddenly blurted. You had seen the way they glared at each other during lunch today.

Did they know each other?

"I said to not trust what he says. Not to not trust him," Suga replied carefully.

You nodded. "Okay."

"Tell me about it," the dark haired prodded. "The nightmares."

"Well... I used to have nightmares growing up. Not every night, just every couple weeks or something. They were always different but each time I would wake up feeling terrified."

Suga nodded as if this information didn't surprise him. "Go on."

"When I was about twelve they started getting more frequent. And worse. A lot worse. I started having nightmares every night when I turned sixteen. It's only recently that they stopped."

"What happened to them?" he urged.

"I started having them during the day."

"And did you fall asleep before any of them?"

You knew the answer before you said it. It's what he had been getting at this whole time. "No."

"So what does that mean?" Suga urged.

"That I'm seeing them without having to sleep? They can just appear whenever?"

The dark haired tilted his head. "Well yes."

"Are they real now?" you whispered.

Suga didn't say anything and you took that as an answer.

You weren't sure if they were real to everyone, but you knew for a fact they were real to you. The girl in the bathroom, the scream, the zombies. They were all so real in the moment and so was the fear you felt.