IV. Christmas Break 1972

CW: Child abuse

CW: Child abuse

December 21st, 1972

"Regulus are you sure you will be fine." James frowned.

"It will be fine James. What's the worst they could do." Regulus smiled.

He was lying, he was absolutely terrified. He knew his parents and they weren't going to be nice about this. James could see right through him but didn't question it any further.

***

They were now getting off the train and Regulus could see his parents and Sirius standing there. "Good Luck Regulus. If it gets bad, owl me and my family will come to get you." James said pulling him into a hug.

"Thanks, James, but I will be fine." He said pulling away from the hug. "See you after break."

He ran off to his parents and brother, taking a deep breath. Without saying anything his mother grabbed his hand and he heard a crack. Suddenly he was standing in their family living room. "Now Regulus would you like to tell me what house you were sorted into." Walburga snarled.

"I-." Walburga gave him a threatening look. "Gryffindor," Regulus replied barely audible.

"Speak up boy!" She yelled pushing him on the floor.

"Gryffindor." He said quickly. Shit, why the hell did he come back here.

"You are a disgrace to this family Regulus Arcturus Black! Being friends with blood traitors and being sorted into that terrible house."

"I didn't choose this mother!" Fuck why did he say that? Orion pulled out his wand.

"DO NOT TALK BACK TO YOUR MOTHER!" Orion yelled. Regulus heard his father yell something and there was a instant pain throughout his body. He screamed out in pain and he watched Sirius run upstairs.

He couldn't believe his brother. He fucking told them about the marauders. It's not like his parents were wrong though, he was a mess up. The disgrace of the family. He didn't deserve anyone's love. The spell got stronger and he screamed out in pain again.