VII. The Broom Closet

James had stayed at Regulus's side in the hospital wing as much as he could the last couple of days

James had stayed at Regulus's side in the hospital wing as much as he could the last couple of days. Sometimes he would read to him or sometimes they would just have long conversations.

They hadn't talked about what has been said about them liking each other. In fact, they hadn't talked about the fight at all. Regulus's chest was still healing due to Madam Pomfrey not knowing how to heal the unknown spell. They all had detention when they came back from break, besides Regulus who hadn't withdrawn his wand once.

Madam Pomfrey came walking over to them. "Well Mr. Black, break starts tomorrow, and the Hogwarts express leaves in a couple of hours so I can't keep you in here much longer so you are free to go, but there will be some limitations. You have to keep the bandage on and no bending forward to pick up stuff or flying on a broom."

Regulus nodded and he and James quickly left. The first time he stood up was quite painful, but he was fine. When he got up from their dorm with help from James, he collapsed on his bed.

Remus was on his bed, his trunk neatly packed, reading as he laughed at Peter who was throwing things around appearing to be looking for something. Peter kept on turning around to shoot him death glares. "Okay, I'm packing your stuff Reg," James stated.

"Go ahead. I'll probably be passed out any minute anyway. You know, those hospital beds weren't very comfortable to sleep on."

James just smiled at him and started putting what Regulus told him to into his trunk. James finished within 20 minutes. The Hogwarts express left in an hour which gave them enough time to quickly eat breakfast before they had to leave.

The Gryffindors had their usual spots at the table. Dorcas, Remus, Peter, and Mary were sat on one side, and Lily, James, Regulus, and Marlene were sat on the other side. Marlene was laying down on the bench and had her head in Regulus's lap as usual.

They were having their usual daily life updates when a Ravenclaw boy in their year, Charles Romero, came walking up to Remus. "Hey, Remus!" The boy smiled.

"Hi, Charles," Remus started giving the boy a welcoming smile. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out next Hogsmeade visit?" Charles asked with a big smile still on his face. Sirius who was watching the interaction gave him a death stare because he knew what that smile meant which earned him a question from Barty asking what was wrong.

Remus saw Sirius looking and they made eye contact. Sirius was trying to tell him something without actually saying it and Remus knew exactly what it was. Remus quickly turned back to Charles. "I'm sorry, but I have plans. Maybe another time Charles." Remus explained with a smile.

"Oh yeah, that's okay! Let me know if you want to hang out sometime." With that Charles walked away.
Regulus, Marlene, and James shared a look and burst out laughing.

Remus had gone red which made Sirius think he agreed to go out with Charles.

Remus shook his head at his friends and let out a sigh. "You three are so immature you know that right?"