XX. Big Mistake

We are getting to darker Regulus and everyone now. Also for future chapters we are going to pretend that Sirius has one more year at hogwarts now because i fucked up the timeline and don't feel like fixing it cause I don't even know how everything is going to work out in future chapters🧍‍♀️

———————————————————————————

August 2nd, 1978

James and Regulus hadn't really spoke that much over the last two months, aside from the occasional "Hello", but today that changed when James came walking into his room and sat on his beanbag. "What are you doing?" Regulus asked.

James asked. "Can we just talk? About you know.. what happened."

Regulus rolled his eyes. "I don't see why we have to."

"Because I've been friends with you since I was 11 and you cheated on me!"

"Its common sense. I liked Barty so I kissed him New Years and didn't realize it would be that hard to break up with you so I ended up cheating for a week." James opended his mouth. "No i'm not dating Barty and i'm not becoming friends with you lot again. I'm happy with my one friend because I have bigger things to worry about."

"Like what?" James asked, but Regulus just ignored him.

***

The same thing happened over and over for the next week and Regulus had enough so he asked Fleamont if he could go to Pandora's and of course he said yes so he owled Pandora.

Dear Pandora,

Can I come to your aunts for a week or couple days, James is insufferable right now

Sincerely,
Regulus Black

He hopped she would write back soon and was happy when she did. When he read it he could practically hear her usual nice tone. He really didn't deserve her.

Dear Regulus,

Of course you can! You are welcome to come over here whenever my aunt said. She enjoys the company. I'm sorry James is being annoying, but that's his specialty isn't it?

Also, have you heard from Barty. I haven't heard from all summer and he isn't answering any of my letters. I'm scared for him.

Please let me know if you hear from him.

Sincerely,
Pandora Lestrange

Regulus frowned. He hadn't heard from Barty in awhile. He picked up the quill and wrote back to her.

Dear Pandora,

I'll be there tomorrow and I haven't heard from Barty, but hopefully he is okay.

Sincerely,
Regulus Black

***

Sirius and Barty had messed up.

Barty was sitting in the Black Family garden as Sirius paced around, panickly, in-front of him. "Remus is going to kill me! Remus is going to kill me!"

"Yeah no shit, you just got the dark mark." Barty stated calmly.

Sirius snapped his head towards his best mate. "Wow I didn't know I fucking got the dark mark, thanks for the reminder Bartimus." Sirius replied sarcastically.

Barty put his hands in the air in surrender. "Sorry. It's not my fault you got the mark."

"Whatever." Sirius responded with an eye roll. "I've wanted to do this since I was 5 so i'm fine."

Barty nodded and glanced at the dark mark on his arm. He wondered what Regulus was say.

Barty had no clue what was going to happen this and the following year.