VI. Forbidden Lovers

A/n: Just some wolfstar because who doesn't love them? This is also a chapter to show you that the relationship between them isn't toxic so that you know when people eventually find out and so that you can understand Remus more and where he is coming from in this story when he talks about Sirius in this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day and Remus Lupin was longing to see Sirius Black. He just wanted to kiss Sirius and confess his love, but he knew that wasn't how things worked with Sirius. He had to be cautious and make sure not to trigger something inside Sirius that would destroy their growing relationship.

When Remus checked the map, like he expected, Sirius was in the room of requirement alone. He grabbed his wand of his nightstand, quickly slipping on a light brown sweater vest, paired with a white button up shirt under it and black jeans with a belt. He also put on his daily rings and made his way to the room of requirement.

When the door appeared he stepped in. Sirius was sitting by the fire, reading. Heroes by Bowie was playing on Sirius's record player in the background. When he heard footsteps his head snapped up from the book and towards the entrance. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw Remus. "Oh it's just you."

If you asked Remus, Sirius looked extra good today. The light from the fire was reflecting off his face beautifully. Half of his shoulder length hair was tied up in a messy bun. He had on a green and black long sleeved striped shirt that he paired with black jeans with a few rips in them and black converse.

Remus walked awkwardly over to him. He sat down next to Sirius who kept his gaze on the fire. "I thought you wouldn't want to see me after yesterday." Sirius stated. 

Remus just shrugged. "I didn't, but I changed my mind."

Sirius turned slightly so that he was facing Remus. "Why though? I mean i'm a total prick. I really shouldn't have done that, but I can't help it because it's just who I am. I'm a coward who's afraid of his own friends sometimes. I don't even know how you still tolerate me."

Remus frowned. "Sirius don't say that. You aren't a coward. You're doing what anyone in your situation would do."

"But I am! I mean not even my own brother loves me and I don't blame him!" Sirius yelled.

Remus frowned again. He hated when Sirius got like this. He always talked negatively about himself like Regulus does. "Can we just stop talking about this? I came here to hang out with you and not fight." Sirius nodded. "So i've been meaning to ask you, how do your parents not kill you for having your hair this long.

Sirius let out a small laugh. "Oh well I used to be able to just use gel to smooth it back to look formal, but now that Regulus is a lost cause they pay more attention to me and make sure i'm being a proper black so they told me to cut it, but I hate how I look with short hair so Barty taught me this spell that shortens my hair. So basically all summer break and winter break I have short hair. It's weird."

"Oh that makes sense." Remus smiled. "And now I kind of want to see you with short hair." Remus smirked and Sirius groaned. "Come on. Only for a couple of minutes."

"Fine." He groaned and pulled out his wand, muttering a quick spell under his breath. His long hair shortened so that it was at his ear level. Remus let out a laugh. "Shut up." Sirius muttered, turning red and muttering another spell. His long hair quickly appeared again. "I'm never doing that again so don't ask."

Remus just shrugged. "What book are you reading?" He asked glancing at the book Sirius was still holding.

"Oh um Pride and Prejudice." Sirius stated.

"I have read that to many times." Remus stated.

"Same." Sirius agreed. They were silent more a moment. A question struck Sirius and he spoke. "Why do you forgive me so easily Remus? And why do you always hang out with me instead of your friends."

The question got Remus off guard and he felt panic rush through his veins and tears form in his eyes for some reason. Sirius frowned at Remus's reaction. He grabbed Remus's hands and connected their fingers in a attempt to calm him down. He reached up a wiped at tear away that had escaped Remus's eye. "Hey it's fine. You don't have to answer." Sirius smiled.

Remus rested his head on Sirius's shoulder and Sirius felt the odd feeling in his stomach return. Why did he enjoy these moments with Remus so much? It wasn't normal. Why didn't he feel like this when girls would kiss him and be all over him. When Remus wasn't around he felt lonely, but as soon as Remus entered a room he was in he felt instantly happy. He rested his head on top of Remus.

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy by Queen started playing. Sirius stood up and held out his hand to Remus not knowing why he did so. It just felt... right.  "Shall we?"

Remus looked surprised at first before his face broke out into a smile and he grabbed Sirius's hand. He put his hands on Sirius's waist and Sirius wrapped his arms around Remus's neck.

They both danced around the room expertly to the song. They both smiled the whole time and didn't kept eye contact. When the song was over they collapsed on the couch, exhausted.

Remus suddenly felt confident and like he was ready to tell Sirius. "Hey Sirius?"He stated, turning to face to black haired boy.

"Yeah?" He too turned to face Remus.

"I think i'm ready to answer your question." Remus stated. He took a deep breath. You know what, screw it. "I like you. A lot. And I know i'm not supposed to, but I just need to tell you. It's okay if you don't return the feelings, but just please don't be mad at me."

Sirius felt a wave of realization wash over him. The way he had been feeling about Remus the whole time was... love. Merlin. He, Sirius Black, was gay and liked Remus Lupin, the half-blood Gryffindor weirdo with scars all over his face and arms.

"I'm sorry I will leave." Remus quickly apologized, getting up.

"No wait!" Sirius stated quickly. Remus turned around to face Sirius who looked liked he was trying to get his words out. He sat back down on the couch. "I like you too." Sirius finally got out.

Remus just smiled. There was a silence, both of them were absorbing this new information. They made eye contact before they both glanced at each other's lips. Remus brought his hands to the blacks cheeks.

Sirius felt overwhelmed, but happy. Were they really about to do this. Remus looked him the eye as if asking permission to kiss him. Sirius nodded slowly and Remus connected their lips into a quick enough kiss that there lips barely touched. "Oh come on Lupin. If you think that's a kiss let me show you what an actual kiss is."

Sirius stood on his tiptoes and smashed their lips together into a passionate kiss. Butterflies immediately erupted in their stomachs. For the first time in the 17 years of his life, Sirius exactly got butterflies kissing someone. If he didn't know it before he definitely did now, he very gay for Remus Lupin.