XIII. Regulus Blacks Birthday I.

I made a new playlist by the way because some people said the old one wasn't working because I made a new Spotify account. Here is the link

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0sMjIHYabnqndbXySPakRr?si=Tg2HJOakQrGOr442S3ocng

-Ava

———————————————————————————

CW: Alcohol and drunk people (Idk if its a trigger, but i'll put it just in case)

Regulus Black felt guilty. He didn't know how to break up with James or to cope with his crush on Barty. James wasn't just his boyfriend, but his best mate too. He didn't want to loose him because he feared he would fall apart if he lost his friends.

Today he decided he was going to forget about boys because today was his 17th birthday. As soon as he pulled his curtains open and stepped off his bed his friends blew party horns at him. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY REGINALD!" They yelled. Regulus covered his ears and rolled his eyes at them.

James walked over to him and gave him a kiss that made Regulus feel guilt rising in his veins. "Cheer up love." James smiled at him. "You are 17!"

"Wow I didn't know that James." Regulus replied, his voice full of sarcasm as usual.

"You are turning into Moony with your sarcasm." James laughed.

Remus looked offended. "I'm not that bad!" He yelled.

"You are though." Peter smiled. Remus rolled his eyes at them before sliding on his vest and walking it of the dorm, Regulus followed behind him.

James quickly turned to Peter. "Is everything set up Pete?"

"Yep. I invited that Crouch kid and Pandora too, along with a lot of people from other houses. Turns out Regulus has quite the fan club in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Sirius is coming with Barty and so is Stanley Nott. I didn't invite them, but Barty did apparently so that should be fun."

"As long as they stay away from Regulus I don't care and plus Sirius will probably just be snogging Remus the whole time anyway and Nott isn't the worst. Crouch is an ass, but he makes Regulus happy I guess." James stated and Peter nodded in agreement.

~~~

Regulus had been studying in the library all day, trying to find out information about the dark lord who he had many questions about. Pandora came into the library and sat down next to him. "Hey Reg." She smiled. "What are you working on?"

Regulus looked up at her before glancing around to make sure it was safe to tell her. "Trying to find out information about the Dark Lord. It just doesn't make sense. Why does he look like that now because he was hot well at Hogwarts if you look at the pictures in Slughorns office.

"I've been thinking the same thing. There is so many things that don't add up. Why is he suddenly so powerful and almost not human. Can I help?"

Regulus was caught of guard that she has been thinking about it too, but he nodded. "Yeah of course." Pandora smiled at him and grabbed a book off the shelf.

They sat there for hours researching before Pandora suggested they went back to the Gryffindor common room because there was a surprise waiting for him. Regulus nodded and followed her out of the library.

When Regulus stepped into the common room confetti was shot at his face. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY REGULUS!" Most of the crowd of people yelled. Muggle music was playing in the background that Regulus quickly identified as Queen.

Regulus made eye contact with James who walked towards him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Regulus smiled before pulling away and hugging Barty who had walked over to them. "Happy Birthday Reg!" Barty smiled as he squeezed Regulus tightly. The Black rested his face in the croon of Barty's neck and James looked away awkwardly. "I- i'm gonna go get drinks." James stated.

Regulus pulled away from Barty and looked at his boyfriend. "I'll come with." Barty stated as him and James started walking over to the drinks. "So how are you Reg?"

"Not good because of you." James scoffed.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!"

"It means stay away from my boyfriend Crouch. I know your stupid tricks. You and your stupid death eater friends can stay the hell away from him!"

Barty scoffed. "Why are you so mad?!"

"Because you like my boyfriend and you are psychopath death eater who is corrupting him."

Barty looked disgusted. "And what are you, his mom? He can do whatever he wants and i'm not a death eater for your information and if you don't believe me, look." Barty pulled up the sleeves of both of his forearms. "No mark! And so what if I like Regulus. I'm allowed to like someone and plus Regulus likes you and not me so chill the fuck out Potter."

James rolled his eyes and filled his cup up with the punch that was probably full of alcohol considering Sirius helped set up. "Whatever and if you don't mind i'm going to get drunk so I don't have to deal with you sober anymore." He stated, chugging down another glass.

"Seems we think the same." Barty smirked as he finished a glass and went to pour more.

~~~

It had been a hour and James was wasted. Regulus kept on trying to go hang with his friends and check on Barty who seemed off, but James kept on making him dance with him. When Remus finally came to save him he shot him a thankful luck before making his way over to Barty who was by the drinks. "Hey Barty. Are you okay?" Regulus asked.

"M'okay." He stated, his voice was slightly slurred from alcohol so when he went to grab more Regulus stopped him.

"No more alcohol Barty because i'm not taking care of your drunk ass." Regulus instructed.

"Fine mum." Barty sassed. Regulus rolled his eyes. "Wanna dance. I'm boredddd."

"Yeah. James is pissed so Remus took him upstairs so i'm free." Regulus shrugged and ran into the crowd of people, Barty followed Regulus into the crowd.