XIV. Regulus Blacks Birthday II.

CW: Homophobic slurs and strong homophobia

Regulus and Pandora were laughing at a joke Barty had just made when the portrait to the Gryffindor common room swung open. Everyone turned to look who it was when Evan Rosier, Rabastan Lestrange, and Severus Snape stepped through the portrait. A few people gasped, but ultimately continued what they were doing.

Severus slipped away to Nott who was giving him a confused look. Sirius Black was sitting on the sofa next to him as Remus Lupin sat at his feet, talking to Peter Pettingrew and Mary Macdonald. Lily Evans, Emmeline Vance, Mary Macdonald, and Dorcas Meadows were looking through records to play next when a exhausted and sick looking James came walking down the stairs and over to them, complaining how the four had terrible taste in music.

Evan and Rabastan walked over to the three 6 years that had continued laughing at Barty. "Well well well, look what we have here. Its little ickle baby Blacks birthday today."

"Go away Rosier." Pandora scoffed.

He didn't listen and turned to Regulus who he had stepped in front of. "No letters from your parents or were you to busy snogging Potter to bother looking?" Evan sneered.

Barty stepped in front of Regulus protectively. "Jealous are we Evan?" Barty smirked. Everyone was now watching them, waiting for a fight to break out.

"Aww does ickle baby Reggie need his 2nd boyfriend to stand up for him."

"Imagine making your lifestyle bullying a Gryffindor boy because he doesn't share the same beliefs as you." Barty stated, stepping closer to Evan.

"Falling in love with blood traitors are we now Crouch?" Evan smirked.

"And what if I was? Going to report me to the dark lord? No, you won't because face it, you don't have the guts to Rosier."

Regulus's eyes widened and so did everyone else's. Evan looked even madder now. "You are pathetic Crouch. And to think that I had faith in you, but no, you turn out as a faggot just like Regulus. You both deserve to die, along with Black and Lupin over there and the rest of you." He stated pointing at the group of 6th and 7th years by the sofa. James was already frozen from Barty's confession minutes later and Sirius and Remus were quick to join him. Marlene had let go of Dorcas's hand and Emmeline had scooted further away from Mary. Peter just sat their awkwardly being the only straight one.

"You queers don't deserve to deserve to be successful or anything else that's even remotely good. You and Sirius falling for a blood traitor and half blood behind the dark lords back. He will find out about this." Evan continued.

This was the last draw for Barty because he raised his fist and punched Evan hard, square in the face. "Get the hell out of here Rosier."

Wihout hesitation the two Slytherins made a run for it and Barty stood there awkwardly as everyone stared at him. "Alright shows over people." Barty stated before turning to Regulus. "You okay Reginald." He asked after noticing the look on Regulus's face.

"Yeah fine, I just um...." Regulus started, looking at Barty. Pandora looked between the two of them nervously. "I'm going to head upstairs for a bit."

Barty nodded. "See you later."

Regulus nodded and walked up the steps to his dorm. Peter was sitting in there when he came in. "Oh hey Pete." Regulus smiled.

Peter looked up from his rat drawing to look at his best friend. "Hey Reg. Are you okay?"

"I think... I don't know." He sighed, plopping down on his bed.

Peter frowned at him. "You can talk to me Regulus."

"You won't tell anyone if I tell you?" Regulus asked.