35

Jennix landed in a crouching position, looking up at the group, and stood. They held a strange-looking sword over one shoulder and their other hand was in blaster mode. That wasn't the most concerning thing. All the damage Kek had done to their body was repaired. Jennix was back with a vengeance and stronger than ever.

They stormed toward Kek and slammed their sword through him. Everyone stared as Kek's body convulsed, then stilled. It seemed the Terpolite man, after five thousand years of causing hell for the Court and their allies, was finally dead. 

Amneris pouted. "Aw, come on, I so had dibs on doing that!" 

Jennix ripped the sword from Kek's stilled form and charged toward Amneris. She summoned her staff, deflecting the blow. Amneris twisted under their next strike and twisted behind the cyborg. She brought the head of her staff down on the back of their neck. Jennix cried out as they fell, landing on their hands and knees.

"No." Jennix spat out a glob of black oil. "This is not how it ends. None of you will stop me from saving my world!"

Amneris held her staff's head--which had sharpened metal curves above the crystal--at their neck. "Uh, did you even consider just asking us for help instead of going on this whole stealing and killing spree?"

Jennix knocked Amneris' staff from her grip and ran toward where the Eternal Core's power floated just metres ahead. Hand outstretched, they made to grab the power--only to be stopped when Aurora took it herself. She became encased in a golden light. It was so bright everyone had to look away. The wind picked up around them, causing a miniature cyclone of dust, dirt and pebbles to surround the group. It was too strong to move it, the group using all their effort just to stay in place. No one could get to Aurora!

* * * * * * * * 

Aurora had never experienced anything like it in her life. She doubted she'd ever experience anything like it ever again. She was in a tornado of white light, unable to see anything of the outside world. Her body felt like it was on fire but, at the same time, she couldn't feel any pain. She felt something inside her being torn out but, at the same time, felt nothing. Her hair whipped around her, her body beginning to glow. The symbol between her hands was taken from her grip to float before her. The symbol took on a new form, and Aurora couldn't help but stare.

The being before her was like nothing she'd ever seen. They looked like something one could only find in a fairy tale. They were tall, brown-skinned and wearing golden robes which looked like something out of an ancient mythological story. Their shoulder-length golden hair glowed, floating around their form, momentarily covering their wide, glowing golden eyes. They held a royal looking sceptre. Unsurprisingly, it was also gold but covered in multi-coloured diamonds which shone in the strange light of the being's form. 

The being looked down at Aurora curiously. "You are the one to take on my power. How interesting."

Aurora knew she was staring. It was rude to stare. Why couldn't she stop. "Who are you?"

"You may call me Elan," the being said, taking their staff in both hands. "No one has ever been worthy of my power and yet, here you stand, a being from Beyond holding my power with little effort. I must admit, I never saw this coming."

This was too weird. No way this was happening. Aurora clapped her hands on her cheeks. She looked around, finding herself still in a tornado of white light. "Nope. Not dreaming."

"I fear not, Aurora."

"How do you know my name."

The being smiled. "I know many things. Perhaps I should introduce myself properly. I am Elan, the Deity of Eternity and Final Keeper of Balance throughout Yenari. I am the fusion of Naiu and Naka, the highest power there is in this world. I have the ability to both bring and take life, to destroy and save Yenari depending on the wishes of my holder."