37

"You think they got home okay?" Hathor asked, looking up from her own holo-copies of the pictures that night.

"Sure," Amneris said from where she and Nikki stood in the kitchen. "They would've yelled at us if we missed."

"Good point." 

Hathor stood, moving to put the pictures on the mantle above the fireplace. She had to move a few others around to make sure everything fit. This way, there was no way anyone would forget their new friends, or that there were people like the ones in their world in Beyond. 

Whoever would've seen this coming? Proving that Beyond existed and there was a way to reach it, meeting people from there who could wield powers in this world, finding out how little differences there were overall. It was just crazy. Surely, no higher power had predicted anything like this. 

* * * * * * * *

The Court had decided to host a 'family dinner' at the Palace. They, along with Xix and her Court, Lvaane, Hathor's friends, Horus and his crew were all invited. Proper introductions were finally made with their new allies and numbers were exchanged. The group enjoyed a large dinner made up of many options. So many stories were traded that there was no way anyone could remember them all. The night was filled with joy and laughter. 

The dinner ended late that night, everyone saying goodnight and retiring to their rooms in the Palace for the night. Amneris found herself standing on the dining room's balcony, looking out over her city. Things were so much bigger now, though she supposed they always had been big. She just hadn't know how big. How many other megaverses were out there? Would she ever see any of them? Was there another version of herself out there asking the same thing? Ugh, this was too much of a dilemma to think about 

Hands appeared on her waist as Colt came up behind her. She leaned into his warmth, accepting the hug. He kissed her hair. "Thinking again?"

"Yeah," she said, looking up at the many universes dotting the sky. "It's all so much bigger, isn't it?"

"It always is, Tali. It always is."

The door slid open behind them. The two looked over as Hathor and Horus came to join them, both leaning on the railing. "Whatcha talkin' about?" Horus asked.

Hathor nudged him. "Don't ask them that! They'll say something all gross and romantic!" Both gagged. 

"You kids are hilarious," Amneris said, rolling her eyes fondly. "I never should've introduced you to each other."

Horus jabbed an accusatory finger at her. "I knew you had a reason for that!"

Colt leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Bad influence." 

She pushed him away. "I'm so glad this family loves me so much."

Hathor gasped. "I just had a terrifying thought! What if Jennix and Kek tried to fuse megaverses while we weren't looking? And even if they didn't, don't you think that Jennix jumping between megaverses might have dome some damage to the Walls?"

"Oh, come on, Hathy," Horus laughed. "What are actually the chances of that happening?"

She let out a breath. "Yeah, you're probably right. I'm probably just overthinking."

Amneris stepped out of Colt's grip to take her daughter's arm. "I need sahlab before going to sleep. Too much has been going on. Join me?" She lowered her voice to a stage whisper. "Unless you'd rather stay with those two geniuses pretending not to listen in."

When Hathor turned back, Colt and Horus were trying hard to hide guilty expressions. She laughed.