Chapter 12

Samantha, Ling and Baozhai were getting ready for the dinner party. They needed to be there early to sort out some arrangements and decorations. Ling was so excited to see her two big sisters which were Riya and Hitarthi, Riya's big sister. Samantha became close to Riya's family and they immediately became a big family. Ling was in a orange and green floral dress. Samantha was wearing a simple brown flowy dress and Baozhai was wearing a semi-long red silky flowy dress. The ladies were almost ready. All they needed to do were their last make-up touches. 

Suddenly, Ling heard a noise from her mother's room. Samantha also heard but she knew who it was. Baozhai did not hear anything. She was more interested in sorting out her make-up. It had been a while since Baozhai dressed up for a party like this. Samantha looked at the door for a moment. Then she looked at Ling who was looking at Samantha.

"You want to pay a visit.", she said to her daughter. 

Ling nodded at her mother. Samantha went to her bedroom then Ling followed her. Samantha entered her big bedroom. Ling entered with full of excitement. She and Ling stopped by the door when they saw a woman. Her hazelnut hair was curled up but left opened. She was wearing a semi-long flowy dress with a orange and red belt. Samantha placed her hands by her hips.

"Where have you been these months?", she asked with irritation.

The woman turned around to look at Samantha and Ling. She was wearing a white mask, shaped into a face of a jaguar. Ling smiled immediately. "White Jaguar, you finally back.", she jumped for joy even though she knew it was Riya. But she was happy to see Riya as White Jaguar again.

White Jaguar was looking at the two ladies. Samantha was pretending to be angry with White Jaguar. Samantha started walking towards her. "Woman, where have you been?", she punched White Jaguar on her shoulder. 

White Jaguar did not feel the pain. "I have been resting because the case was hectic.", she knew that Samantha was not angry with her.

"But you could at least call Partner."

White Jaguar made a soft laugh. "How have you been keeping up in Singapore?", she asked. 

"Finally settled in. The job was going great for three months but our new Captain is giving us a hard time.", Samantha was being honest.

White Jaguar looked at her. "What makes you say that?"

"Because he put my big sister in honest.", Ling was meaning Riya.

"What did he do?", White Jaguar started playing an act but she was being serious. 

"Mr Wright is our new Captain. He wants us to work day and night on a case that Riya, Zoe, Ying and I have been assigned for. Now he wants to extend the working hours even though it's against the law. Now breaks in between. He doesn't give us credits for our hard work. Firstly, he goes out with his friends during working hours. He spends most of his time having sex with his girlfriend in the private rooms and he only worries about himself. My partner ended up in hospital this morning due the working stress and her iron is low.", Samantha explained. 

White Jaguar was upset to hear that. "He is basically making you and the workers to work like slaves.", she said.

"Yes while he takes advantage of his position.", Samantha added more. 

White Jaguar could not believe this. But she had to do something eventually. "Don't worry, just enjoy the party. I also heard that he is coming with you to Los Angeles to do this investigation with you."

"I hope he doesn't cause any problems."

"Don't even think about it. I will sort him out if he makes your lives like misery hell. I will make his life worse.", White Jaguar was serious then she walked towards the window.

"Before you leave, are you coming with us to Los Angeles?", Samantha asked nicely.

White Jaguar stopped by the window. "Of course because I have a list of gangsters that I need to eliminate. Antonio Lopez is one of them.", she said then jumped out of the window.

Ling watched White Jaguar jump out of the window. She wondered which gangsters White Jaguar had on the list. Samantha took a deep breath and hoped that White Jaguar would eliminate the gangsters fast. No matter what would happen, she would help White Jaguar. Samantha looked at Ling who was standing next to her. She wrapped her arm around Ling's back then they walked out of the room. They needed to get ready so they could be at the dinner party early.