Chapter 43

Riya was getting ready for the Christmas party that was happening in Liang's parents' house. She was super excited because she had never been to their Christmas parties before. Liang told her that the party would be exciting. He did warn her that he was going to be drinking a lot. She finished putting on her white with dark blue flowers and dark green leaves. She was not putting make-up and jewelry. Those things were going to make feel hot because it was really hot today. She was done dressing and putting her hair in a bun. Liang appeared by the door, waiting Riya to finish. He was wearing a dark blue skinny jeans and dark green T-shirt. He was dressed up pretty causally for this party. Riya was about to grab her phone when she saw him standing by the door, staring at her with a smirk. 

"What's with the smirk?", she asked. 

"Nothing. I just love to smirking.", he answered.

"Well, that sounded a bit creepy.", she picked up her phone. 

"Are you ready?"

"Yep.", she stopped right in front of him. 

He looked at her from head to toe. "It's been a while since I saw you wearing a dress.", he looked at her face. 

"Well, I didn't want to wear the other one because it needs to shape up a bit.", she was slightly embarrassed.

"I told you not to keep your blades in your dress.", he came out of the door. 

She closed the door behind her and walked with him to the stairs. "I didn't know that I didn't need to use them.", she pointed out.

"For safe keeping, making a small porch that can be wrapped around your thighs so the blades can fit in there. Plus, it won't damage your clothes or hurt you.", he thought of an idea. 

"Thank you."

"Are you ready to go?"

She nodded while looking at him. He let out his right arm for her. She scooped her hand underneath his elbow and wrapped it around it. They walked together to the stairs. Riya's phone vibrated in her hand. She looked at the message on the screen.

Your delivery will be here at nine o'clock.

A smile appeared on her face. Liang noticed that smile on her face. "What's with that smile?", he asked. 

She looked at him immediately. "Nothing.", she switched her off immediately. "I am just happy that it is Christmas and to receive presents.", she was not half lying.

He nodded then continued walking down the stairs with her. Riya took a deep breath that he did not continue asking her questions. He had been suspecting her but she always found a way to reduce his suspicion. Liang was still curious of what she was going to tell him today. They were on the first floor, heading to the garage. Liang was doing the driving for the evening. They entered the garage and went to the blue Pioche car. They entered the car and closed the door at the same time. Liang opened the garage door with his car keys. Then he switched his engine on and started moving the car. He came out of the garage slowly and headed straight to the gate.

"You got all the presents.", Liang reminded her.

"Yep. They are in the back seat.", she pointed at the back seat with her thumb.

"How many gifts did you buy in Los Angeles?"

"Just a few."

"Wow, twenty-five presents.", he drove out of the premises. 

"We do have a lot of people coming.", she pointed out.

"True. Now you can add the Los Angeles mug next to your Shanghai and London mug collection."