Chapter 31

Riya was sorting out the presents for everyone. She had a lot of wrapping up to do. Both the sofas were filled with clothes, mini statues, jewelry and mini magnetic pictures. She still did not get a gift for Liang because she did not know what he wanted. Maybe she should phone his parents to ask what Liang always wanted. She was messaging them instead of calling them. What if Liang was with them right now and she called. He was going to find out his present. That man's senses was brilliant that it was hard to get passed him. Riya rather messaged them now while she was on her shopping mode. She grabbed her phone and started messaging Meiling.

Hello Meiling. How are you? Do you have any idea what  Liang ever wanted for Christmas?

Riya sent the message then carried on wrapping the present. She was wrapping the necklaces first because they were easier. Lucky the necklaces were in boxes which made her life so much easier. It was just the clothes and mini statues that were the troublemakers. Riya was done with one necklace. Now she had twenty five more gifts to wrap. Her phone vibrated on the coffee table. She picked up the phone and read the message. 

Liang doesn't want anything for Christmas. We also asked him.

That message came from Meiling. Riya really wanted to buy him a meaningful present. She messaged Meiling back.

But was there anything that he really wanted when he was young?

She sent the message and continued with the work. She could hear fireworks bursting from the beach. Maybe a company was having a Christmas party and decided to bust fireworks. Riya was happy that the FBI agents and her team arrested the officers that were involved with the imposter. They even arrested the other people in the footage. The FBI agents said that they were owners of the modelling companies that had connections with the imposter. All they needed was to question the officers to get the imposter. That would be done tomorrow. Samantha and John placed police officers in Antonio's house. The agents also decided to close down the arrested owner's companies because of the drug dealing. Sebastian was staying with his father. This was for their own protection. Now that the entire world knew that Antonio was the victim, his life would more at risk. The imposter would become aggressive and would try to kill Antonio. Riya's phone vibrated again. She picked up her phone and read the message from Meiling. Riya's smile grew after reading the message.

"I can only get that present in Singapore.", she said, nodding at the window. 

She thanked Meiling for her help. Now she was researching something. She only had two hours remaining before she could go to the private airport. Louis Brown would be arriving around that time. Riya needed to be there early so she could surprise him. Two gangsters were eliminated on her list. Now she had forty-eight to go. While Riya typing, she started thinking about the past. That day when she was going to be taken to some unknown place in Cape Town over two years ago. Then she started thinking about a person who saved her life that day. Before the men could put her and the other women into the plane, mysterious people arrived at the scene. They started shooting at the men that were taking her away. She was half conscious when she watched people fighting against the men. After the shooting, she remembered that person squatting down to check on her. She losing her full conscious that time. If only she saw that person's face, she would draw the face and use the draw to find the identity. 

She finished researching what she wanted. She just needed to make some documents and arrangements. She could only make arrangements in two hours because the store only opened in an hour. She wanted to give them another hour to settle in. She continued wrapping the presents. She wanted to get this done so she did not need to think about last minute Christmas shopping. Last minute Christmas was the worse because most of the items would be sold. Then Riya would be sulking the whole day. 

The fireworks were still bursting. Some of the lights were appearing in her room. She looked at the window and saw beautiful fireworks. The fireworks had different unique patterns. She took a break from her work and admire the fireworks. She placed her hand on her cheek and looked at the fireworks. Christmas was the best time of the year. Suddenly, her Redmi phone made a noise. That indicated that she needed to get ready for the mission. She stopped looking at the fireworks. She ran into the bedroom, leaving the lounge in a horrific mess.