Mitochondria

The next morning Kelly woke up to find Stella sitting beside his bed playing something on her phone, still in work clothes.

"Hey"

He spoke up, getting her attention. Meeting his eyes Stella smiled as she stood up, leaning down for a kiss.

"Good morning"

"You just get off shift?"

"Yes, and everyone said to tell you hi."

He smiled before looking around the room.

"Where's Sades?"

"School, which she has done a very good job keeping up with by the way."

"Oh Yeah?"

"April said she would come in and read her homework out loud to you."

"Aww"

"Yeah, said she did it so you would wake up smarter...can't tell if it worked yet though."

He laughed

"Ouch"

Meanwhile Sadie walked into her 2nd period class, taking a seat next to friend Mariana, everyone called her Mari for short.

"Well someone looks awfully happy this morning!"

Mari quipped

"Kelly woke up!"

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you!"

Mari jumped up, wrapping her small friend in a hug. She was taller than Sadie, her long black hair tossed into a messy bun.

"So does that mean you'll get some proper sleep now? In a bed, not a chair?"

For what time Sadie had been in Chicago, she and Mari became fast friends. They cared a lot for one another, and Mari watched as Sadie slowly lost some of herself while Kelly was in his coma.

"No promises, at least not until he's home."

After school Sadie made her usual trek to the hospital, arriving to find Kelly's room full of firefighters.

"Hey there she is!"

Kelly greeted as she went around the room giving hugs.

"How we feelin?"

She asked Kelly, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Good, got an mri, docs said the ol noggin looks good."

"So it's still hard as ever?"

"Hey I wouldn't talk, it's hereditary. Everyone has been informing me of some of the habits you picked up while I was out."

"Yall are a bunch of tattle tales!"

She pointed an accusing finger at the bunch.

"Hey not me, I kept my mouth shut!"

Cruze jokes, as Ritter opened his mouth

"Hey Kelly, what's the powerhouse of the cell?"

"The mitochondria!"

It was at this point April walked in the room, seeing a joking smirk on Sadie's face.

"And here I thought we were friends, April!"

The room burst into laughter, almost feeling as normal as ever.