Celebration

"I'm telling you Sadie, you don't have to go to the doctor to get that cast off!"

Joe was excitedly talking to the teenager as she waited on her brother to come out of the locker room at the end of shift. She was due to get her cast off today.

"All we gotta do is get the whizzer. Cut a line down the cast. And boom! In comes the Slamigan for removal!"

Brett overheard the conversation

"What are you trying to do Joe? Break her arm all over again? Sadie, don't listen to him, the Doctor needs to make sure your arm is healed correctly."

"Oh come on Brett! Where's your sense of adventure? Sadie thinks it's a good idea right?"

The pair looked to her as her brother walked in the room, seeing her stuck between the both of them, a look of excitement in Joe's eyes.

"Cruze whatever you're thinking?"

"Yeah Lieutenant?"

"No"
Joe's smiled faded into a pout

"Come on Sades, let's go get that thing off your arm."

She happily followed him out to the Mustang.
Getting in Kelly looked over

"So I'm curious. What was Cruze talking about?"

"Removing my cast with the whizzer and the Slamigan."

"Hey that doesn't sound like a-"
She narrowed her eyes at him
"-A good idea at all!" He shook his head with a grin.

At the hospital her cast was removed and after an xray the doctor gave her a clean bill of health.
They left through the ER on the way out to visit April.

"Well hey you two!"
She greeted giving them both a hug.
"Please tell me you're only here to visit."
She gave them the side eye, hoping that was the case. Sadie spoke up

"Yep, just got my cast off."

"Awesome, and everything looks good?"

"That's what the Doc said"
Kelly shrugged with a smile

"Well that's good news, and I would love to chat with you two, but we are slammed today."

"Understood, we'll see you later April."
Kelly bid her goodbye and ushered Sadie out the door.

When they got home both Kelly and Stella went to bed, leaving Sadie free to do what her heart desired, to an extent.
She didn't mind the day after shift on a weekend, it was really the only time she had to herself between school and the firehouse. She spent more time in those two places than she did here.

Towards the evening both Kelly and Stella came out of their room dressed for a casual night out.

"Y'all goin on a date?"
Sadie asked, they had never left her home alone before. She always went to Herman's house and stayed with Mrs. Cindy and the kids.

"No, just going to Molly's."
Kelly said checking his hair on the small mirror on the wall.

"Oh...ok...have a good time."

"Go get dressed crazy, you're coming with us."

"To a bar? Kelly I'm 13, I can't go to a bar."

"Sure you can, you just can't sit at the bar, or have alcohol. "

"Since when?"

"Since always, you're not in Georgia anymore. The laws in Illinois are different."

"Are you sure?"

"I double checked with Herman, and even for you he wouldn't break the law. He loves that bar more."

"Well, I'll try not to take offence to that!"

Sadie stated walking into her room. She hadn't dressed up in a long time, she finally settled on her purple spaghetti strap with ruffles at the bottom, a pair of jeans and her cowgirl boots that she hadn't worn since arriving in Chicago. She straightened her hair and put on a tiny bit of makeup.
Coming out of her room the pair was waiting on her.

"Do I look ok?"

Kelly smiled walking over

"You look beautiful! Now let's get going!"

He ushered both of his ladies out the door and down to his car.
On the ride over the pair seemed excited.

"So I've been here for a few months....why are you just now taking me to Mollys?"

"We're celebrating!"

"Celebrating what?"

"Oh uh....Getting your cast off!"

Sadie felt like there was an ulterior motive, but she didn't know why.

Kelly parked the car and they made their way to the front door, the muffled sound of music came from inside.
Following her brother, the door opened and a chorus of "Happy Birthday Sadie!!" rang out from everyone in the bar.
She was met with hugs, and kisses on the cheek. She turned to her brother

"I don't understand, it's not for another week!"
She said in shock as a birthday girl crown was placed on her head.

"Well we're on shift that day, and we figured this would be better than cupcakes at the firehouse." Kelly said putting his arm around Stella, seeing the joy on his sister's face as the extended family of Firehouse 51 celebrated.