Onto Something

"So what you're telling me is this Carver woman has a personal vendetta against you because she thinks you're the reason her father is in prison."

Boden stated sitting behind his desk while Kelly stood as Trudy Platt took a seat.

"That's the only thing I can figure out, Chief. There's too many connections to be a coincidence."

"And this isn't breaking any laws?" Boden directed his question at Trudy

"Honestly Chief...I'm not sure...I've never dealt with this situation before."

The bells in the house sounded loudly, the announcement coming over the speakers dispatching all trucks to a structure fire.

Chief and Kelly made their way out to the floor with everyone else, quickly loaded the trucks and pulled away from Firehouse 51.

...

At school Sadie sat outside during her lunch period, leaning against a tree in front of the building. She opened her lunch box that Maggie insisted on packing her. And honestly she wasn't going to complain, it's better than anything she would get from the cafeteria.

Taking a bite of the turkey and hummus wrap she surveyed her surroundings. Everyone was grouped up with their little cliques, excitedly chatting with one another.

Looking over to the front entrance of the school she noticed two people walk out the door and down the walkway.

It was Scarlette and Ms. Carver.

Sadie quickly pulled out her phone and started taking pictures, her mouth still full of food.

She watched as they got into the same car and drove away.

"What are you doing?"

Collin asked from behind, startling her she almost choked on her food.

"OH hey Col..."

"Were you taking pictures of Scarlette?"

He gave her a questioning look.

Sadie sighed and patted the ground beside her.

"Sit down, I need to tell you something."

....

Later back at the firehouse Brett knocked on the door to Kelly's quarters. Sticking her head in she stuck out her hand with a business card in it.

"Stella told me about your situation, this is the card for a Social Worker we worked with a few years back. I figured he could be of some help if you give him a call."

Kelly took the card and read the name.

'Ryan Pace'

"Is this that guy from when you helped that kid in juvie?"

"That's the one, give him a call Kelly. It can't hurt."

Kelly did call and Ryan showed up later that evening with a thick file in hand with a bit of a triumphant grin on his face.

"Mr Severide...I think you're onto something."