Run

**TRIGGER WARNING: SCHOOL SHOOTING SCENES**

On their way to the school a multitude of emergency vehicles joined the convoy. The sirens were blaring, but Kelly couldn't hear them. His ears rang and his stomach was in knots, all while knowing he had to remain calm to do his job, and keep his guys safe.

"Lieutenant?"

Tony looked over to Severide as he drove.

"Yeah?"

"Sadie's going to be ok. She's a smart kid, she'll figure a way out."

"I know."
But that's what scared him. She's a Severide. Taking risks is in her blood.

Arriving they parked along the sidewalk in front of the school.
Kids running from the building, some bleeding, some perfectly fine. A command unit had already been established by the police.
The medics rushed to help the injured as Firehouse 51 gathered on the street side of the trucks, using them as a barrier.
More gunshots sounded inside, Kelly felt nauseous, but held it in.

Chief Boden looked to his group of firefighters.

"Ok 51 we have trained for this exact scenario, hold positions until given an order or the all clear. I know we have one of our own inside...but we also have a responsibility to everyone else here as well. Keep your focus so we can get everyone out as safely as possible."

"Yes Chief" Everyone said together

As they broke off from the group Stella walked over to Kelly, who had a look on his face she had never seen before.
He took out his phone, his hands shaking. She put her hands on his

"Take a breath."
She told him calmly
"She's going to be ok."

"I've never felt this helpless before Stella."
His voice cracked. Looking at his fiance, tears pricked at his eyes.

"Look for all we know she's already out of the building."
She tried to comfort him, he took another breath. Maybe she was right, maybe she was at the reunification point and just hasn't been able to contact him yet.

Sadie was perched on top of the toilet in the girls bathroom, trying to breath as quietly as possible. She was in there when she thought someone slammed a book on the ground, but after a few seconds she heard screaming. More shots rang out down the hall, the smell of gunpowder was pungent.
She could hear the sirens outside, surely one of them was 51.
Her phone chimed, wiched seemed to echo even louder off the bathroom walls.
She held her breath, hoping whoever it was doing the shooting didn't hear.
After a moment which seemed all clear, she reached into her pocket, pulled it out and switched it to silent.
It was a text from Kelly.

Kelly: Where are you?

Sadie: bathroom 2nd floor

Back at the trucks Trudy had walked over and she was talking to Chief. Kelly's heart dropped when he read Sadie's message. Trudy and Boden walked over to him.

"Kelly"
Trudy started
"I can't find Sadie, I've checked all the reunification points, I called Med, I-"

"I know."
Kelly interrupted
"She's still inside."

The three of them looked to the school when more gunshots rang out.

Sadie read the next message her brother sent.

Kelly: Are you ok?

Sadie: 👍

Kelly: Window?

Sadie: 👎

Sadie listened for any noise outside of the bathroom, she hadn't heard any in a few minutes.
Slowly she got down from the toilet and made her way to the door, pressing her ear against it. She heard a muffled cry.
Cracking the door she peaked out, seeing a boy she didn't know laying on the floor bleeding out from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Poking her head out she looked up and down the hallway, it seemed clear. She made her way out grabbing the student under the arms and dragged him back in the bathroom into the farthest stall.
She propped him up against the wall

"Hey what's your name?"
Sadie asked, trying to get him to stay awake.

"Marcus"

"Hey Marcus, I'm Sadie. I'm going to look at your leg ok?"

He nodded, groaning when she touched it.
It looked like the bullet had hit an artery, she needed to stop the bleeding.
She took off her belt, making a tourniquet, securing it tightly until the bright red bleeding stopped.

"Ok Marcus, I'm going to go get some help. You need to try to stay awake while I'm gone, ok?"

He once again nodded in understanding.
Sadie made her way into the hallway, still not seeing anyone, she ran right, down the corridor towards the stairs. A gunshot rang out from behind her, whizzing by her head. She unknowingly dropped her phone as she continued to run, another shot was fired.