Chunin Exams Pt4

In the third training grounds of the village at three in the morning, Naruto was reliving old memories of his childhood as he trained one last time before the beginning of the Chunin exams.

He was panting, covered in sweat, wearing only black anbu pants, boots, bandages on his forearms, and his headband wrapped around his forehead.

He went through multiple earth and fire style handsigns rapidly.

"Lava style: infernal pool"

The boy jammed his fist into the ground and a magma filled crack began forming in front of him for 20 feet before forming a medium sized lava crate that illuminated the training grounds.

He continued the seemingly easy to avoid technique by doing a one handed ram seal while keeping his other hand in the ground.

"Now, Rise"

The lava inside the crater shot up over sixty feet in the air before falling down causing a rain of scorching magma with a radius over five times larger than the original crater.

Naruto released his chakra in large amounts to deflect the scorching rain.

'It didn't blow up in my face this time, that's progress, i think soon I'll be able to reliably use it, i gotta thank nee-sama for that' he thought as he breathed heavily and his vision became blurry.

Although he had Uzumaki blood in him and had good chakra reserves in comparison to the average shinobi, he seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick as his reserves were not as high as the average uzumaki. He had no chakra chains and did not reap any benefits of enlarged chakra reserves, and incredible beastly power that other Jinchuriki did.

Although despite this, his intelligence and training with Kakashi Hatake, and Itachi Uchiha, allowed him to become extremely capable in dozens of different non elemental ninjutsu and tactics. And by now he was well versed in multiple elemental ninjutsu, especially in fire style where he had Uchiha levels of expertise. He was also quite skilled in Kenjutsu and Taijutsu thanks to his extreme physical training, and for the most part he relied mostly on these two areas instead of ninjutsu due to his reserves being better left for these areas instead of attacks that used up a large amount and could easily miss.

He also delved in alchemy and medicine as a hobby but wasn't very open about it, yet he was very knowledgeable of the human body and how to manipulate it's basic functions.

Mei Terumi also constantly helped him develop his Lava style, when she had discovered it. Matter of fact if she hadn't seen his lava style he wouldn't have been a kiri nin.
_______________________________________

Flashback:

A convoy of low level shinobi and civillians carrying supplies in a wagon made its way through the land of water on their way into Kirigakure. Quite far ahead of them was a squad of jonin level shinobi and Ao, and far behind them was another squad of jonin level shinobi, and the soon to be Mizukage Mei Terumi. These were troops and supplies that were about to be delivered to aid the rebellion in Kirigakure's civil war.

A desperate, and hungry Naruto was spying on this supply convoy unaware of the powerful jounin that were far behind. Forced to result to robbing to survive he preferred to take from bandits and wealthier people but he didn't always get his way, and had to choose between his morals or a meal.

He was still young but was about as strong as a skilled genin by now, thus he could manage to scare or possibly defeat the obviously weak shinobi protecting the supplies.

No one would be keen on stopping their supply delivery due to a child robbing them so Naruto made a quick strategy on the spot. He had recently discovered he could mix earth and fire style to spit lava and create magma craters. So with the help of some clones he could effectively block their path with lava and surround them with a transformation jutsu to disguise as rogue nin, masked, and dressed in black giving them an eerie look.