Training Begins

It has been 4 years since the attack and today Naruto will start training with Kakashi. In the last years he learned to speak fluently, and read perfectly. He was already eager to start training.

'Im gonna finally learn jutsu!' Naruto thought to himself eagerly.

His heart felt faster than usual in anticipation he was finally going to start his path to be a shinobi. It was a great day dare he say... the best day ever.

"Now Naruto pay attention" Kakashi told the small blue eyed blonde.

They were on one of the training grounds but Naruto hadn't payed attention to wich one.

"A Shinobi who uses jutsus casts said jutsu with chakra, before you can learn about jutsu you need to learn about chakra and what it is" Kakashi explained to Naruto whose eyes sparkled as he listened to his Sensei.

"To learn about chakra you're gonna need to read this book it contains 440 pages and you have to read every single one"

Naruto looked at Kakashi with the most hateful glare possible... for 5 seconds. He then smiled took the book and started reading.

Kakashi looked at Naruto eagerly reading and felt proud at seeing him happy to learn Naruto was going to make Minato proud.

"He's gonna be stronger than his father, i can tell it" Hiruzen said to Kakashi as he appeared out of nowhere.

Kakashi a bit spooked by the Hokage just responded with an affirmative nod.

They both looked at Naruto who had his face buried in the book Kakashi had given him.
His face looked innocent, his eyes were as blue as the sky and his hair was the most beautiful tone of blonde. He was quiet most of the time and generally kept to himself.
He was too smart for someone his age, at just 4 years old he knew basic level math, reading, and writing something kids his age couldn't even imagine...
They saw a reflection of Minato in him, they could see greatness, they saw a hero in the making.

"He grew up too quickly" The old warrior said as he lit his pipe and looked at the sky that was prettier than usual.

"It still feels like it all happened yesterday to me" Kakashi responded after a brief moment of silence. He had his hands in his pockets while leaning against a tree.

There was a peaceful silence as they could hear the chirping of birds, and the sound of a small river running. It smelled of tobacco due to Hiruzen's habits and a soft breeze hit their skins.

They all felt calm at this peaceful moment...

Naruto was going by page 13 and was reading through the book quickly while re-reading the parts that he did not understand well. While he couldn't deny he felt frustration he understood he had to learn to be patient, he couldn't jump a step as important as learning what chakra is and expect to learn how to do control it.

This moment of peace was a break much needed to Hiruzen who was still dealing with an absolute chaos of paperwork, letters, the council etc.

He still felt bitter at what kushina had done... he felt betrayed and 4 years later the anger and the pain didn't feel a day old.

"Naruto?" Kakashi asked interrupting Hiruzen's train of thoughts.

"What sensei?" Naruto asked as he looked up for a moment.

"What page are you on right now?" Kakashi asked to the bright eyed Naruto.

"Page 28 sensei" Naruto eagerly said to his sensei.

"Impressive, make it to page 150 and i'll buy you ramen" Kakashi said knowing how much he loved ramen.

Naruto didn't need to respond as he started reading excitedly.