Chapter 1 - LONG TIME, NO SEE

TW: Alcohol usage.

            My name is Jenna Ellison and my friend, Emilie and I were getting ready for a concert of our old friends from high school. The band we are going to see is Greta Van Fleet. Me and Emilie were at my house and it was 7:30am in the morning. I was waking up because she kept telling me to because we are full of appointments today. I get up shower and change into a Greta Van Fleet shirt and black leather pants. I make breakfast and then around 9:30am we head out for our appointments.

It's now 5:30pm and we are driving to the destination of the concert in Michigan. They are basically back in their hometown which is Frankenmuth Michigan. They are only about an hour away from where the concert is going to take place. We get there at 5:35pm and get our tickets redeemed and we run to get the best spots at the concert. We were surprisingly one of the first people there and got to the wall barrier. About 25 minutes later after the two bands that were openers, the boys came out getting ready to perform. I got some photos of the concert and sometimes the boys would look at us while performing a couple times and smile like they were happy to see us again.

Once the concert was over, Emilie and I had a Backstage Pass. So when the time came to us going backstage to meet them for the first time in years. It was super crowded. It had caused my anxiety to act up and I had an anxiety attack. Emilie had helped me and sat me down but when they came out she left me for a drink because the drink bar was near the boys when they came out. She came back five minutes later sitting next to me comforting me the best she could.

Once almost everyone had left so we could talk to them. About 5 minutes later Josh and Danny were walking over to me with Emilie. We start talking as Josh tells Danny to get the others when they are done talking to other fans. At this point I am standing talking to Jake, Josh and Danny with Sam on the way. We all are talking and Sam comes over.

"Who wants to go to the bar and get some drinks because I saw you sitting here alone for a good five minutes and before we came out, you were having an anxiety attack" Sam asks while explaining to everyone and points his finger at me when he states that he saw me sitting here alone. We all agree so we get two taxis and Sam texts Jake, The address because Jake, Danny and I are in the same taxi, meanwhile Sam, Josh and Emilie are in the same taxi.

About a 20 minute drive after we leave the concert, we arrive at the bar. We get out of the car and are all arguing with each other, (Jake, Danny and I) about our favourite song from a band that we all like.

"What are you all arguing about? We have only been with these girls for like 25 minutes." Josh says once he hears us and we all laugh and walk inside the bar showing our ID's. Once we get in the bar we all find a spot to sit at that's clear. We all order and Josh obviously orders a salty dog. Jake orders a beer along with Sam, Danny, Emilie and I. I normally never drink unless it's a celebration. Or if I feel down because my friends bring me to make me feel better or it's a family event. But tonight was just for fun.

After a couple of drinks, Jake asks me if I want to do some shots with him. And me, the person who is a little more than tipsy but not completely drunk, says yes. We head over to the stand and we call out for shots. The first shot when I put the liquid down my throat stung a little. Second not so much, as well as the third. Jake called for another round. A couple of rounds later, I was drunk because I normally never do shots so they hit harder than how drunk/tipsy Jake was. I was still able to control myself in some ways but Jake was not as drunk as I thought he would get. After a couple of hours which felt like minutes. We called a cab to go to the boys house and spend the night there. Emilie is already there talking with the boy's parents and Ronnie by the time we get there. We walk in the front door laughing and with me stumbling a little. Everyone that was able to see us looked at us and we thought it was hilarious we started falling to the ground of laughter.

About an hour and a half later at about 12:34am, Jake says that he is heading to bed and kisses my forehead like he used to do in a friendly way whenever I slept over at their house as a kid, and I say goodnight and go to the guest room. I pull out my extra charger I brought in case anything happens because if anything goes on I have a spare. Jake hands me some of his clothes to sleep in and I change once he shuts the door leaving. I watch some of my favorite shows on netflix. Once the episode ends on my small phone screen, I turn my phone off and fall asleep thinking of how unexpected this day had turned out and thinking about how much I missed spending time with the boys. And even when Jake kissed me on my forehead. I couldn't get the feeling off my forehead.