Chapter 12 - LIES ALWAYS HIDE THE TRUTH

TW: (isn't any. Comment if you find any. Thank you!)

            I woke up in the hospital at about 11:06pm to see everyone there but Jake. I sigh in annoyance because he was probably still mad at me. But why would he even come to my hotel door anyways? Everyone huddles around me with worry but happiness filling their faces.

"Guys. I need personal space ya know." I say laughing a little. But weakly,

"Oh sorry." Josh said.

We talk for about half an hour until Danny walks out of the door into the hall. 2 minutes later, I see Jake walk in with Danny. I smile slightly. He looks at Sam and smiles and then smiles back at me.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asks while sitting in the closest chair next to me.

"Better but not the best." I say with my slight smile on my face.

"Look I am sorry for getting pissed at you today. I didn't know the whole story and you probably don't either. But Sam had told me everything from last night." My smile faded because I didn't want to talk about this topic right now.

"I heard the truth. I was unable to wake up or move from blood loss. I heard what happened last night." I say as Jake and I are making eye contact. It felt like forever and I felt safe before Josh had spoken, making us break our eye contact.

"Okay Okay, enough you two love birds." We all laugh and Jake climbs in the hospital bed, laying next to me. Everyone left and I fell asleep cuddling Jake that night. I wake up the next morning with Jake gone. I sigh and check the time. It's 1:26pm and I know that they have a show today because they are openers to another band and that their sound check started almost 30 minutes ago. I sigh and text Jake.

Me: Hey. Text me when you're done soundchecking.

I don't get a reply for another thirty minutes.

Jakey: Just finished. I will be there to pick you up in about 15 minutes.

Me: Ok. See you then.

He left me on read. He never does that and I sigh, getting all my stuff together to leave. I sit on a chair in my assigned room for Jake to get here. I hear a knock on the door before Sam walks in. I look at him confused,

"Jake is signing you out and he wanted me to come and get you so we could leave faster because he is supposedly in his, "Pre-show focus mood" right now." Sam says and my face grows more confused because he has never had a pre-show focus mood before.

"He has never had a pre-show focus mood. Something is obviously going on in his mind." I walk past him after picking up my stuff and walking to the front desk to be greeted by the rest of the boys. Jake finishes signing me out of the hospital, not a signal word said to me. He looked at me and Sam and walked off. I look at Sam and follow Jake to the van they use when they have shows in our hometown. I get in the furthest seats, wanting to be as far from anyone possible. Josh gets in the front, Jake sits in the passenger seat Sammy and Danny in the middle row and me in the back. I stare out the window with many thoughts running through my mind like, 'Why is Jake in a bad mood? Did I piss him off again?' I feel someone tap my shoulder making me snap out of my thoughts. I look next to me to see Danny,

"Are you alright? You seem a little out of it." He asks. I didn't even know he had come back here.

"Y-yeah. Thanks for asking though. Just feeling a little uneasy from blood loss and being in a car with such little blood. Makes my stomach feel a little, ya know." I half lie. He smiles with a little nod and sits back down in his spot. Jake heard our conversation, knowing I wasn't feeling the best. I know he heard because he was staring at me. But then I looked away. 'God, what did I do? We were fine last night. But now he hates me?' I groan as we get back to their place. I get out and go straight to my room. I completely forgot I wasn't signed out of the hotel. I called the hotel letting them know I was in the hospital for the night and they took off the money for that night. I ask Jake to drive me to the hotel. He nods and we get in his car.

"Why are you so pissy today?" I ask as he is driving.

"Sam lied."

"About what?" confusion growing all over me.

"The other night. Yeah you were confused and got us mixed up, but he took it to advantage and lied yesterday when he was explaining what happened." He says, sounding even more pissed than before.

"I- Jake I-" I stop myself unsure what to say.

"You what Jenna? You fucked him that night too and you secrectly remember it all and don't want to tell me!" He yells. I flinch and scrunch up as close to the door as possible. I didn't respond after that. My stomach feels so uneasy and I feel tears forming in my eyes. I hold my stomach in pain as I turn to face the window. I feel his eyes burning through me like superman and his laser eyes.

"Finish your damn sentence Jenna. I want to know." He says with a very angry tone like when he was yelling but didn't yell because he had noticed how scared I was and he didn't want me to cry.

"I was g-going to say, Jake. I am unsure how to help because I don't even remember that day." I say starting to get pissed at him. His facial features soften when I stare at him. "Plus I love you too dearly to cheat and I am not that kind of person. I never have been and never will be."

"Why are you getting pissed at me Jenna?"

"Because you are jumping to conclusions!" My voice is rising. "Stop the car." He looks at me confused. "Stop the fucking car Jake!" I yell. He pulls over and I unlock the door so I can get out.

I start climbing out of the car door before I am stopped.

"Jenna. I am sorry, just get back in the car. I am not driving off until you get in the car." He says, his voice breaking. I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"No. I am done with your pissing attitude and I am calling a cab to get me there." I say, my eyes starting to sting again from tears.

His eyes started to get glossy as well. "Are you breaking up with me?" He asks, trying to hold back tears. Some of my tears fall.

"No. I just need a quiet day."

"Please. I just want to spend time with you. And just be alone with you." God I can never win a battle with the guys.

I get back in the car and stare out the window the whole time. Once we get there, I get out and go to my room and put the key in so I can get my stuff. I grabbed all my stuff, paid for the nights I spent there and we went back to his car, getting in and going back to their place. I decided that I was going to stay in my room at their place instead of going to their show. I fell asleep and woke up the next morning to feel a familiar warm embrace. I smile at the feeling of Jake and turn to face him and smell his scent and fall back asleep.

AN: Sorry I was late on publishing. But Uhm. MY NUMBE SCORING WENT DOWN ON THE BOOK?! But thank you for almost 150 reads!