Chapter 10 - CONFESSIONS

TW: Alcohol, Vaping, Alcohol mention

I woke up the next morning cold and alone. I look around for Jake but he's gone. I look around to see anything from Jake. I find nothing and head downstairs to find only Ronnie home with their parents.

"Where's the guys?" I ask and they all look  at me and Ronnie replies.

"I think they went out to practice and work on the tour they are planning. Did you give them an answer by the way?"

"Yeah. I also got a job for the tour."

"Wait, so you're the photographer for them!" Ronnie asked, happy and excitement running through her veins and showing so much that she stood up immediately. I nod and she runs to me, almost knocking me over. I laugh as she does so. The boys walk in as she hugs me.

"What's going on here?" Danny asks, confused.

"Oh nothing. She just found out I am going with you guys and I am the photographer for you guys." They all look at me in utter shock other than Jake. They all run at me and hug me, actually knocking me over this time.

They didn't know I was the photographer. I kept it a secret from them all and I am surprised that Jake hadn't told them. And since he hadn't told them about that, I was hoping and praying that he hadn't told them we are dating. Jake just smiles and puts what they had brought back away. They all get off me and I go to hug him. I hug the rest of them individually as well to make it seem like nothing is going on between us. I hadn't realized the time until now. It's 1:37pm.

"Holy shit, I slept in that long?" Jake, Ronnie, Karen, and Kelly nod. "Oh shit. What time did I go to bed? Do any of you guys know?" I say making it seem like I wasn't Jake the whole night.

"Almost three in the morning. I messaged you every ten minutes and figured you were asleep when you didn't answer at 2:51am." Jake says. That makes me think that he hadn't told them. I felt so relieved.

"Oh shit."

My stomach hurt because I was so hungry but I ignore it. I head upstairs and change into clothes, brushing my hair and putting some mascara on. I walk back downstairs 15minutes later. Jake was having a conversation with Josh and Danny was talking to Sam in the living room. I was assuming it was about yesterday and the chaos that had happened. I sigh and walk to Jake and Josh, sitting next to Jake.

"Whatcha talkin about?"

"Oh nothing." Jake says. Obviously hiding something. Josh looking at me with pure glee in his eyes. I look at Jake and pull him aside.

"Did you tell him?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I am sorry," he said as he looked down.

"It's fine. It's not like they will know later anyways. Plus Sam probably already knows so that makes it so Danny knows. But I want us to tell them all together."

His head shoots up with a smile and we walk into the living room. We call everyone to meet there. Even their parents.

They all get in the living room with us and I look at Jake as he looks at me. I smile and he puts his hand out. We look forward to everyone sitting in front of us.

"We're dating. And we have been for a day. We want to keep it between our friend group and loved ones because we don't want everyone else to know just yet." Jake and I say at the same time.

Jake and I look at each other and laugh because we found it funny how we said every single word of a long sentence at the same time. Sam gets up to leave with Danny following close behind. I knew this was going to happen. How are we supposed to get along while on tour for half a year? I sigh and look at Jake with hurt in my eyes. I hated hurting people so close to me. And hurting Sam, someone so close to me and the person who had introduced me to his family hurt the most. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I follow Danny and Sam, staying close behind. I try stopping Sam but Danny stops and yells at me.

"Why in the hell would you date Jake? How long have you not known that Sam has liked you? Are you that blind that you couldn't even realize it?"

"I didn't know until the other day when he had told me. And Danny, for a fact that hurts a lot. A fucking lot. You know I wasn't able to date because of my mothers strict rules. I was scared of her. I  have liked Jake for so fucking long and it hurt so much because I lost touch with all of you. Mainly Jake. I didn't fucking know that he had a girlfriend. And you know I have never dated so yes. I am that blind to see it because I have never dated so I don't fucking know what it looks or feels like! My father left me when he found out my mother was pregnant. My mother had wanted a child for so long but all the drugs and alcohol my father had put my mother into her addictions, she wouldn't have been locked away if it wasn't because of my father. She never would have done the shit she did." I yell breaking down, falling to the ground and putting my head in the palms of my hands. Sam and Danny freeze right there and stare at me, speechless. Why would they be speechless when they know all of this has happened?

Jake runs out and hugs me, asking if I am okay. I cry on his shoulder as Danny and Sam continue to stare speechlessly.

"Either say something or go inside?" I quietly mutter from Jake's shoulder. They walk inside and I continue to sit on the floor crying on his shoulder.

Later that day, Danny and Sam had the idea of going out to celebrate all of the news that had been going around the household. We all head to the bar and order drinks. I drink some of  my cocktail I had gotten, not knowing which one because I had asked for a random one. I take out my vape, taking a hit before putting it back. Jake seems to notice and asks what's wrong.

"Nothing. Just bored."

"Well you only smoke or vape when you overthink or are upset and even worried about something."

"Not true. I vape and smoke when I am in the mood or when I am out celebrating. Like right now" I smile. He nods and we continue to have our conversation and join in with the other conversations everyone else is having. We all laugh and have a good night, knowing that today will be remembered as a good one even though there were some slight ups and downs.

When we head home, I am only feeling tipsy but I know for a fact that I am super drunk. I go upstairs and change into my pajamas and go to Jake's room. He was already laying in bed like he was waiting for me. He pulls open the covers for me to climb in and I do so. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep immediately.

AN: I know this chapter was late to publish and is short. I had a hockey game I went to and school got in the way and I didn't really know what to write for this chapter. Please give me suggestions. Also heads up, I might be late to posting chapter 15 next week on friday because I am going to another hockey game. Anyways, Thank you for 100 reads!!

- Ivy