Chapter 17 - CLEAR

I woke up around 11am and I turned over to face Jake but was met with his original placement empty. I sigh and roll out of bed and walk downstairs to the living room. I smell food being cooked and I went to the kitchen to see Jake. I smile softly and sit on a high stool that is placed at my island in my kitchen. I put my head down on the island and just sat there.

"Morning." Jake's voice fills the air. I bring my head up and smile a little.

"Morning."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Eh. I slept. Woke up a couple times during the night but went back to sleep."

"You could have awoken me ya know?"

"You weren't there..." I say drifting away a little as I look out the window because I couldn't possibly look at him as I had let the information out of my mouth.

"Oh, I was getting some stuff for today at the gas station because that's like the only thing open past 11pm and this morning I went to the grocery store for Josh because he was too lazy to. So I had to drop that off too. I'm sorry." He says, sounding quite unsure about it by the littlest bit. Too bad he had forgotten that I could tell whenever someone was lying. And he was lying. He was probably the worst one when it came to lying.

"You're lying." I say simply.

"How did yo- oh right."

I look at him with upset teary eyes.

"Yeah. Where were you?" I ask again, fighting back the tears.

"Jita wanted to talk last night." He says with fear dripping through his voice. Sounding as though I was going to be upset with him. But of course I was curious and was a little upset. I felt a little pang in my chest like he had done something with her and was going to lie about it. He looked down at his feet.

"Why? What did she want?" I ask as a single tear escapes my eye. My eyes still stinging from the other tears fighting to fall out of my eyes.

"Me. She told me she still loved me and she was sorry for not being enough for me.. I felt bad but I told her I had you and I couldn't leave you here and that I'd hurt you and I don't want to hurt you and I don't want you to avoid me and hate me."

His voice trembled. I knew he was trying so hard not to break down in front of me. It pained me to see him hurt. I pulled him into a hug and he sobbed into my shoulder.

"You did nothing wrong Jake. It's okay. You'll be fine." I reassure him.

We sat there for a good 15 minutes even though he finished crying on my shoulder about 7 minutes ago. I pull away but he pulls me back in.

"5 more minutes?" He pleaded. I nodded and we stayed there for another 5 minutes.

He pulls away and goes over to Sam to talk to him who had come with the rest of the group to my house while I was asleep.

'Weird. I thought he was still mad at him about what happened.' I thought to myself. 'Maybe they talked while I was asleep god knows what Jake does when I am not around.'

I shrug it off as I grab something to eat as my stomach is literally growling at me like a wild wolf. I grab some cereal and milk, putting them into my bowl then grabbing a spoon before eating it.

I finish my cereal and then my sight goes black and somebody's hands cover my eyes. I jump a little and then whoever could possibly be covering my sight speaks.

"Guess who?" I hear a familiar voice. I hummed for a while even though I did know who it was. It was Danny.

"I don't know. It couldn't possibly be Danny. Voice is too high pitched." I teased.