Chapter 9 - WILL YOU...

I am lying in my room in the Kiszka's house, staring at the roof. It's now 11:38pm and I am thinking about what kind of day I have had. It was a roller coaster and that's for sure.

I decide to walk to Jake's room and lightly knock on his door. His lights were off and there was no answer. I start walking back to my room but then I feel a familiar hand grab my wrist. I turn around to see a smiling Jake. We walk back to his room and sit on the bed.

"So. What brings you to knock on my door?"

"Bored that's all."

"Hm okay. I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"So we are planning new tour dates and I was going to see if you wanted to come."

I think for a second.

"When will it start? And have you asked the boys?"

"The beginning of March. And no I haven't. Sam wouldn't let me talk to him, Josh went to Emilie's house and Danny is with Mackenzi." I give a simple nod.

"So you're saying, I have three months to save up money and hopefully get a job that I can use in case I need money while on tour." His eyes lit up like he had an idea. In that case, I was right.

"We need a photographer for the tour. You can maybe get the job!" Little did he know, I already had an interview with their manager the other day. I smile.

"That's a great idea!" I say, trying to sound like I am not hiding anything. He smiles.

"I can ask our manager to give you an interview next week on Wednesday if that's okay?" I nod and I go on my phone to message their manager to let them know that Jake was wanting to give me an interview on Wednesday next week.

"That's fine." I say before we both pull out our phones.

I feel my eyelids start to get heavy and Jake notices. And lays down, allowing me to lay next to him. I lay down and fall asleep almost immediately when he puts his warmth around me. I feel safe with his warmth around me. He admitted he liked me yet had never asked me out. 'Was today maybe a date?' Was my last thought of the day and moved on to the next.

I wake up to the warmth of Jake and his scent due to my head being shoved in his chest. God why did he smell so good?

I moved a little so my head was still on his chest but I was staring at the roof. I stayed like that until our first words of the day were exchanged.

"Good morning beautiful," I smile when he says that.

"Good morning." I reply.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good actually. Best sleep in a long time. Your bed is comfy," I say, trying to make him jealous with the last comment.

"That's good. I wanna take you somewhere again today. So be ready before 1:30pm." He says, changing the subject and I nod.

"Wait, I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Was yesterday a date?" He sits up and looks at me and I look back at him sitting up as well.

"I mean do you want it to be remembered as one?"

"Yes. I would love for it to be," I nod.

"Then yes, it was a date." He smiles. I smile back. I get up and walk downstairs, into the living room to see Josh.

"Hey Josh."

"Hey Jenna." He cuts himself off with a gasp and says something else. "Your cheek doll. Are you alright?"