Chapter 19 - THE BIG BANG

I shoot my head in the direction of the stairs. Something probably just fell over. It's most likely nothing.

I think to myself but then there is yet again another loud bang followed by footsteps. I then stand up and walk upstairs but as I am getting closer and closer to the top of my stairs my nerves start to rise. My breath becomes shallow and my hands become shaky. The footsteps getting louder and louder by each step I take on the stairs. Someone grabs my right and I jump, whipping my head around to see Jake, face exploded with worry and fright as well as the others following close behind. I continue walking up the stairs and turn around the corner when I reach the top to see a middle aged man standing in my second floor hallway.

Tears start to fill my eyes and an unknown filling is washing over me.

"Papa. What are you doing here? Why did you break into my house?" I ask, trying to fight back the tears from spilling over my eyes.

"Because I haven't seen you in a while. I understand I should've knocked but I couldn't. I had to come this way or they would've caught me again." My father explained.

"Who? That Dr you have supposedly had you in that hospital thing since you were in that car crash?"

"Yes."

I laugh.

"You think this is funny?"

"You're hastical. Get the hell out of my house. None of the shit you tell me is true-" I was cut off by a loud knock at my door. My father then turns to look at me,

"I can't even remember your name because of them and the car crash. I am sorry but I have to go. They're at your door and they will search your house for me. I love you."

"My ass papa." And with that, he's gone out the window.

The boys told me to answer the door as they clean up as it is not as big of a mess then expected. I walk to the door, opening it.

"Hi, can I help you?" I ask as politely as I could.

"We're looking for a guy that looks like this. Have you seen him at all?" A guy about 6 0 but still young looking asks and pulls a picture of my papa out. I shake my head no, trying to keep him safe even though I know that when he does get found, it won't be because of me and whatever they do to him, he deserves it. He really does.

"No, I am sorry."

"Does he at least look familiar?"

"Not really. I mean I might have passed by him in the store or something. He does look familiar but not like I would know him."

The guy nods,

"What would you do if I told you that he is your father and you last saw him as a kid?"

"Th-that's not possible. He died in a car crash driving home from work one day. My mom has always told me that. Ther-there's no way that is my father." I lie, fake tears starting to well up in my eyes.

"He was in a car crash but he was safe and sound until he had run free. Trying to get him back to a humanly perfect mind as the car crash caused his head to go a little wired. He has been trying to run for a while because he just wants to see you." The guy paused. "Here's my work card. And I will need your number to call you when we find him so you can have a five minute visit."

"Okay, give me a second please." I say before running to a notepad and writing down my phone number. It's all very ery that this guy is lying right through his teeth. I know why he needs my dad. He's supposedly a weapon and he has saved a couple of people's lives but I don't know whether I should believe it or not.