Chapter 3 - THE RETURN

TW: Abuse, Substance use, Vaping

About a week has passed since I stayed the night at the Kiszkas house. The boys were finishing their tour in flint because they wanted to stay with their family and friends for a while. I am at my place getting ready for the store because I need to get ingredients for cupcakes for the boys. I get my black converse shoes on and walk out the door to my car. I get in my car and drive to the nearest Walmart near me which is about 15 minutes from my place. I get there and get the ingredients and start to head to check out until I bump into someone making them drop all of their things.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I say without looking at them and picking up the stuff they dropped.

"It's completely fine. Thank you though." She says, sounding so familiar. I look up to see my mother and hand the stuff she dropped back and try to walk away to check out but she grabs me and spins me around with evil lurking in her eyes. I give an innocent smile as she whispers in my ear with pure evil written all over her voice, face, eyes, body language.

"Meet me outside." She whispers in my ear and lets go of my hand roughly and walks off to get the rest of her stuff. I run to the checkout and check out before she can so I can leave. Before I know it as I exit the doors, she is about to check out. I run to my car and try to unlock it before she randomly appears at my car as I go to open the door. She grabs my hand and I look at her with fear all over my face and body. She looks at me with a huge venomous sneer.

"Do you ever learn, you ungrateful brat?" She snickered while smacking me across the face. I stay silent with tears threatening to fall out of my eyes. "Are you even listening to me?" She yells smacking me again as I nod. "Good. Now you will learn your lesson. The lesson I have been trying to teach you for years!" She growled, throwing me to the ground. I make sure the things I have in my bag don't break. Tears pooling out of my eyes as she gets down to my face and tries to pound me with her fists. She hits a couple times before she stops and is yanked off me. I still have my eyes glued shut as I back away sobbing.

"Hey! Let go of me!" She wailed.

"Absolutely not." I hear a familiar voice call out as he pulls her far enough away from me. "Danny, Call the police." He says and I snap my head up to see Jake holding my mother back, Danny dialing 911 into his phone. Sam was staring at me with fear, worry and concern at me being unable to speak and Josh running over to me.

"Oh my god, Jenna. Are you okay? Are you hurt enough that I can't hug you?" He asks rambing with so much worry in his voice.

"I am alright Josh. I am mainly crying from fright," I lie. I hate lying to them. It breaks my heart to lie to what I consider family. I pull him into a tight hug and he wraps his arms around me. I cry into his shoulder. After about two minutes Sam and Danny join the hug and ask if I am ok. I say the same thing I did to Josh. After 5 minutes of a group hug, the police arrive and shove my mother into the back of the car. They question me and drive off. I look back to Jake. I walk over to Jake and he tries to walk away.

"Jake, wait." I rushed up to him, stopping him. "Thank you." I say hugging him. He wraps his arms around me. I feel butterflies in my stomach and I just wish I could stay there forever. I pull away and look him in the eyes with so much appreciation coming from my eyes. "I have to go. But thank you so much." I smile and walk off saying goodbyes and thanks to them. I get in my car and drive home. I get home and see a text from Emilie.

Em💖: Hey babes, Are you ok? Josh filled me in.

Me: Yeah, I am ok. I just have to do some questioning tomorrow at the Police Station. Want to come to my place?

Em💖: Yeah. I was just about to head out. I will come for sure!

Me: Ok, See you then!