Chapter 8 - SURPRISES ALWAYS MAKES SOMEONE JEALOUS

TW: Fighting

Later that day, Jake wanted to go for a walk with me and so we did. After the walk he tells me to get in his car as well. He puts a blindfold on me and I keep asking him where we are going but he says it's a surprise. I groan and lay my head back on the headrest of his car seat.

After what feels like forever, the car stops and he opens my car door and helps me out as I almost fall. We laugh and then he guides me to wherever we are.

"You can take the blindfold off now."

I take off the blindfold and all I see is a path. I look at Jake confused. He puts his hand out for me to take so I take it gladly. He leads the way to wherever we are heading in whatever location we're in. After about a minute of walking, the path comes clear and I see a beach. It was the beach he had taken all of us to after graduation for us to party. I smile and look at him. He led me to an area with a blanket to sit on and watch the sunset when it was that time of the evening. But when we got there, it was still 4:30pm. He hands me the same swimsuit Ronnie had lent me when I last went for a swim there. I take it and walk to the change rooms and change. I came out and walked back to Jake who had his swimming trunks on already. I walk to the water to see if it's cold or warm. I feel as though the water is warm and so I start to walk in, letting my body adjust to the warmth of the water. I feel someone grab my hips, picking me up and tossing me in the water. I scream until I am fully underwater and I come back up and splash Jake as much as I could and I jump on his back, causing him to lose his balance and fall forwards. I swam away as fast as possible because I knew he was going to get revenge. I swim fast and far but not too far.

I feel something grab my feet and I scream. I got pulled down underwater and then my feet were let go. I come back up to a laughing Jake. I playfully smacking Jake in the shoulder. I swim back to the blanket to sun tan. Jake follows me, picking me up again and I squeal.

"Jake! Let me down!" I try to wiggle free but his grasp gets more firm as I get close to falling out of his arms and into the sand. I groaned, giving up and let him toss me into the water once more before I got out. I lay on the blanket and watch as the sun sets because time flew by really fast. Jake lays down next to me and moves me to put his head on his chest. I know this is wrong but it feels right. He had just gotten out of a relationship that I had no clue about and now he is doing this? Getting all close to me and stuff. Was he doing it to get back at his ex? Was he doing it because he didn't want to face the truth of the breakup? Or did he actually like me? Once the sun had settled beneath the curve of earth and to the other side, I changed back into my clothes and we packed up and took our things and went to his car. We got in and he drove to a restaurant to eat in, considering all of the energy we burnt off while swimming and we didn't have any snacks or drinks there. It was also 7:42pm and to make it clear. We were starving.

We order and eat and head back to the kiszka residence. We walk in to see Sam sitting on the couch. He looks back to see Jake and I having a conversation. I didn't really bother looking at him. But I know he was hurt though.

While Jake and I are having a conversation, Jake does the most unexpected thing when that conversation ends.

He pulls me in by the waist and kisses me. I am shocked but I kiss back before pulling away. I pulled away with pure shock but also confusion.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. No, I know what I was thinking but I don't know what got into me. I am so sorry." He basically rambles. I smile.

"It's fine Jake. really." I reassure him. He smiles at me like a kid when they just got ice cream.

"Really?" I nod.

I notice that Sam is gone. Jake goes into the kitchen for a drink and I go to find Sam. I find Sam outside by the pool with his head down and shins in the water.

"Hey." I say, sitting next to him but keeping my legs out of the water to keep them dry considering I was swimming almost half the day.

"Hey." He says back, sounding as though he doesn't want to talk. At least to me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I just feel like I still like you and watching Jake kiss you made me so jealous. I know it sounds so stupid but I still like you." He admits, looking at me with teary eyes. It makes me feel so bad. But I have liked Jake for a while. And it feels so untrue that this is all happening.

"Sam. I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say to that other than I am sorry. I get it, you can't control your feelings. That's life." I say, looking him in the eyes.

The next thing he does surprises me. He kisses me but I scrawl away from him immediately.

"I should go back to Jake." I say and he nods. I turned around to see Jake staring at me with hurt in his eyes and when he looked at Sam, it changed into anger. I start to walk inside that turns into a run but Jake storms outside and right over to Sam. He pushes Sam into the water and when Sam comes up to the surface he yells,

"What the hell dude! You know I have liked her since high school! And you know I dated Jita because I thought I didn't like her and I thought we wouldn't see the girls again!"

I fell silent. Jake falls silent and realizes that he had said that out loud. I stared at him and He looked at me. I was completely shocked. I ran up to him and kissed him, not caring if Sam saw or not. He kissed back with shock. I wanted to stay in that moment forever. But I knew that it would end. Jake pulls away and stares at me in the eyes.

"Have you really liked me since high school?"

"Since we met. Yes," I smile at his response. Sam gets out of the water and pushes us in the water as Jake hugs me. Jake and I come to the surface and laugh. Sam starts yelling that shuts us up.

"Jake. Maybe I haven't been so open about my feelings but I have liked her longer because don't forget, I am the one that introduced you guys. And you're very welcome for you guys to be together if you guys get together because if I never introduced you to her, you wouldn't even know who she is and would still be dating Jita!"

I look at Jake like I know he wants to tackle him right then and there. He gets out and tries to strangle him. I get out of the pool as well and stay as far away from the two fighting boys. I yell for them to stop but they don't listen so I jump in even though I don't want to get hurt or involved. Josh and Danny come running out as soon as I jump in and I'm there pulling Jake off Sam and then Sam of Jake. I get punched a couple of times but the last time I get punched, I yelp in pain. Jake and Sam stop fighting and Jake grabs me to look at him to see if I am okay. Sam apologizes multiple times. I forgave him but looked at Jake. He brings me inside to the kitchen where the first aid box is and grabs an ice pack. He hands it to me and I put it on my cheek.

"It's swelling." He says as he looks at me and looks at my cheek.

"He hit me pretty hard. Plus, I never wanted to get involved because I have never been in a fight other than with my mom and it reminded me too much of when I fought with her."

"It's okay. She's gone for good Jenna." He reassures me and gives me a hug. He told me to follow him to his room so we could talk and so we did that night about how long we have liked each other and how we kept it a secret from each other for almost 6 years.

AN: Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I haven't been having the best mental health week this week. I will be publishing 2 chapters today hopefully!