Chapter 18 - THE TALK

"Do you wanna talk now?" Josh asks,

"Uh sure." I nod, turning the tv off and turning to face him. "So?"

"I'm sorry for what I did. It was completely uncalled for and I am sorry."

"It was uncalled for." I nod

"And I shouldn't have had a place to speak. It wasn't even my problem nor situation. But he's my baby brother. And he was hurt. He still is but not as much."

"He's Jake's brother too and he knows what he is doing and you said it yourself before, he wants me and he's gonna give it his all to get me. He hurt Jake, Josh. He hurt him. You shouldn't have said anything. You should have stepped away. I get you were really annoyed by the fact all of us came to you and wanted to talk to you like you were our therapist. I am sorry but you should've thought before you acted and talked."

We sat there in comfortable silence, he was speechless and I knew that. He nodded. I was starting to grow angry. Even his apology didn't sound as sincere as it meant to. He has never been the best at apologies.

"I'm going to bed now Josh. Goodnight." I say plainly as I stood up to go to bed, he grabbed my wrist pulling me down. He hugged me tightly as I hugged back.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done anything and I am really truly sorry." He said with some tears falling into my shoulder. I rub his back.

"It's fine Josh. Trust me. It's fine." I say with a little laugh. We both get up to go to bed, saying our goodnights.

I walk into my room to change and go to bed. I get under the covers and hear something fall from my closet. I get up and open it.

"Boo!" Jake and Danny yelled. I jumped, falling backwards. Both of them, laughing hard.

"Oh my god. You guys scared the living shit outta me. How long have you been in my closet?" I ask as they help me up.

"Since we left to "go to bed"," They say at the same time, using quotation marks with their hands. We all laughed because they did and said the same thing.

"Ok. Well I am tired and I want to go to bed. So goodnight." I say as I go to crawl under the covers again. I was stopped and turned around.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" He asks with a whisper and I nod. He smiles and says goodnight to Danny as he walks out. He had already changed into his Pajamas and we got under the covers, falling asleep shortly after. Right before we had fallen asleep I told him Josh's apology and what happened. He laughed a little and with that, we called it a night.

The next morning

I woke up with my back cold. Jake's warmth from where he was last night was gone. I get up and go downstairs and look out the window. Everybodies car's were gone. I sigh.

"Not even a note or text. How nice." I think to myself. I go and sit down on a couch in my living room. I stare at the blank TV, nothing playing. I groan and lay my head back, waiting for a text from at least one of them or the group chat that Josh made last night. Nothing. I get up after 5 minutes of sitting there doing nothing and going upstairs to my room, getting changed and getting ready to go out.

I finished getting ready and then went to my front door, putting my shoes on before grabbing my keys and going to my car. I get in my car and start it up then drive off to the cafe I go to in the mornings when I feel like I need to. Hadn't been there in a while so I could only imagine how Amy would react seeing me again. I pull into the parking lot and then get out, going inside with my wallet and keys in my pocket. I smile as I see Amy and when she sees me, she smiles running over to me, lifting me in a big hug. I squeal, trying not to make a scene but happy to see her.