Chapter 7 - THE HEARTBREAK

TW: (there is none in this chapter!)

            I hear a knock on the door to my room that they said could be mine and I could style it if I wanted whenever I wanted. I open the door to see Jake. He smiles and I smile back. It's 1:14am and he wanted to talk about something. He obviously had something on his mind so I let him in and close the door behind him.

"You okay?" He doesn't respond and just looks down. "Jake, answer me. Are you alright?" He looks at me with sad eyes.

"We broke up." He says. My mind fills with various questions.

"Wait who?" He looks at me like I am stupid.

"Jita and I. You didn't know?" He looks at me, confusion taking over his face. I shake my head no. He stands up and says something. "I'm sorry you didn't know. I should have told you once we saw each other again. It's not your fault."

"What do you mean Jake. Why are you sorry? And how is it not my fault?"

"You probably like me. I mean you act differently now." He says, almost looking embarrassed.

"No Jake. I don't or didn't like you. Just because I have changed, doesn't mean I like you. It has been five years." I say, sounding a little mad even though I did lie and I do like him. It made my heart shatter. His face and body were fully covered in embarrassment. I scoff.

"But you on the other hand. Haven't changed. Why do you always jump to conclusions? I always say, talk to me and you never do. You tell everyone everything but never talk to me about this shit Jake. Do you not like me as a friend Jake? Do you not feel like I am family to you? I will tell you everything. Everything! But all you do is hide from me." I yell, trying so hard not to cry but I can't help but let the tears fall. He walks up to hug me but I stop him and back away. I open the door for him. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes and walks out mumbling an I'm sorry. I shut the door and walk to my bed after turning off the lights and laying in bed, silently crying. Yeah I feel like an idiot and making it all about me but my mother was just put in jail for abuse and drug usage. And he comes to me saying that this mystery girl named Jita and him broke up. When he saw me again he could have told me. It's been almost a month that he has been back and 3 weeks since the tour ended. He has had plenty of times to tell me but never bothered to. If he had said earlier when I didn't think I liked him, I wouldn't be here crying like a kid because he never told me and because I feel like he always shuts me out like he doesn't even consider me family. It hurt. A lot.

I never slept last night. I look like a mess and I walk downstairs to see Jake sitting at the island in the kitchen where he always is in the mornings. I walk away and go to the living room and sit on the couch next to Sam and Josh.

"You look like shit. Did you sleep alright last night Jenna?" Danny asks, sitting in a chair that's next to the couch. I shake my head no.

"I didn't sleep at all actually." I say quietly. They all look at me as if they are worried for me.

"You wanna explain why? Was something on your mind or was the bed uncomfortable or-"

"I would rather not talk about it." I say Interrupting Josh. I feel eyes staring at me like I was being burned by the fire. I looked around to see if any of the guys were staring at me but none of them were. As I go to look back at the tv, I catch something in the corner of my eye. I look over to see Jake staring at me. I roll my eyes and look back at the tv.

After about 3hours I got up and stayed in the living room. I headed outside and walked through the forest until I found the river I always sat by when I needed alone time when I was at the Kiszkas place. I sigh and sit there staring at the reflection of myself for what seems like forever. So many thoughts running through my head like 'Will I ever be good enough for anyone?' 'Why do so many people dislike me? Did I do something wrong or something to them to dislike me?'