Chapter Two

Sitting up I noticed I was alone, finally I had time to take everything in without someone watching me. Looking down at my hands, I noticed that my one ring was gone.

"Great, probably lost it somewhere, I wish I would have kept it at home" I muttered. That ring was an heirloom passed down from the first-born female line.

My mom gave it to me just before her and my father were killed in a car accident. A memory I wish I could forget.

Looking around the room, willing that memory into a deep pocket in my mind, hoping never to resurface. The doors were open, and it looked like the sun was about to set.

I wondered if my legs would work this time, throwing off the covers I saw I was in a long black nightgown, thankfully it was not sheer.

It had more of a cotton feel to it, but it was a silky, strange combination I thought.

My legs decided they were tired of not moving so when I went to sit at the edge of the bed, they did as I wanted. Finally, my body seems to want to work again with me.

Slowly sliding off the bed, putting pressure on my feet, I kept my one hand on the bed for support just in case my legs were too weak to fully hold me.

Standing there, I did not get dizzy, and my legs felt strong. Walking over to the doors, the breeze floated over me, taking in the fresh air, I noticed it had a bit of a mist in it.

Inhaling, I could smell the sea, closing my eyes, and inhaling the scent again, one of my favorite places to be by the water.

Opening my eyes, I walked out onto the balcony, I stood there against the railing that was made of marble. It was warm to the touch.

Looking around I could see in the distance the water. It was a beautiful sparkling deep blue with gold throughout it from the reflection of the sun.

There were also rolling hills off in the distance that were a vibrant green, that was to the left of the water, but to the right I noticed a dense forest.

Looking at that area goosebumps developed over my body. Something forbidden was out there, and I was in no hurry to find out what it was.

Looking down I saw that I was not too high up, four stories. The grounds around the house were amazing. Filled with rose gardens everywhere you could look.

This place reminded me of something out of a fairytale. Everything was beautiful, "I hope I am not dreaming, this place is magical" I whispered as I ran my hand along the marble top of the rail.

"You're not dreaming, in fact this place is quite real" I heard a man's voice from behind me. I turned around and there stood a man that was larger than life.

Compared to me he was a mountain of a man, I stood at five foot six, and he towered over me. So, guessing he had to be well over six foot two.

"That's good to know," I said watching him.

He walked over to where I was standing. He looked out over the balcony. After a moment he turned towards me.

"My name is Duke; this is my home that I share with my brother Evan" he said watching me.

"I'm Jasmine" I said quietly, looking back out at the water. For some reason, being around this man should have me on high alert, but I was not, I was not even questioning why I am here.

It seems like I am in a dream state, which must be it, must be why I can accept all of this like I have been here for a long time.

We stood there both looking out over the landscape. "Jasmine, any questions you have please ask them, I want nothing to stand in our way."

"Where are we?" I asked, turning to look at him.

"Let's get you inside and have some food brought up and while you eat, I will explain everything to you" he said, holding out his one hand.