Chapter Eleven

"There is something else you're not telling me Duke, what is it, what has got you so nervous?" I asked

"If you don't choose me as your mate, you are free to look elsewhere and accept others as your mate," he said, holding onto my hands.

So that was it, he was nervous about my reaction and me not wanting him.

This mountain of a man who can be deadly, was afraid I would not want him.

"With everything you have told me, if I was normal, I would be running for the hills, screaming that your mad, but the strangest thing is everything you have told me for some odd reason rings true"

I placed my hands on either side of his face, "Duke, I'm not going anywhere, and I want to see where this takes us, you and I" I said as I watched his face light up.

"Does this mean?" he asked quietly.

"Yes Duke, I choose you" I said, smiling up at him.

Next thing I know I am in his arms, as his lips descended upon mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

"About time this is all sorted out, now we can celebrate" Evan said as he walked into the gazebo. Duke put me down gently.

Evan walked over and picked me up and hugged me, twirling me around as he held onto me for dear life.

"I was hoping you would accept my brother as your mate and as my sister" he said as he hugged me before putting me back down.

Standing there looking at both brothers, it all felt like a dream, but I was okay with that, if this was a dream I never wanted to wake up.

I finally felt like I belonged somewhere, I felt like I was finally home for once.

Now to face the future as to what this prophecy was all about.

But that would be for tomorrow, for now I just wanted to celebrate with these two. "Let's go in the house, grab some snacks and hit the game room" I said with a wink.

"You are on" Evan called out as he jogged to the house leaving me and Duke alone.

As we watched Evan run off, Duke pulled me to him, I smiled looking into those amazing eyes. He kissed me with so much passion and longing.

My heart filled with warmth and tenderness. Something I never have felt before but was going to fully embrace.

For the next few hours, we played pool, ate snacks, and joked around. I said my good night and made my way to my bedroom.

Once I was in bed, I heard a knock at the door. "Come in," I said.

Duke opened the door, and I saw he was standing there, I did not say a word as I pulled back the covers. He shut the door behind him.

As he climbed into bed, pulling the covers over us, he pulled me into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I pulled him down on top of me.

We spent the rest of the night exploring each other and creating a bond that only happens between two mates that were destined to become one.