Chapter Thirty-Two

"I am not doing this anymore" I said as I laid on the ground trying to breathe.

"Yes, you will," Arron growled, stalking towards me.

"I can't breathe" I yelled back at him as I rolled over onto my side and coughed.

"Maybe next time you will move faster" he said as he picked me up, looking into my eyes.

We were face to face, which I have to tell you was terrifying seeing him in rogue form.

"Arron, maybe give her a break for a bit" Evan called out.

Duke could not watch me get my ass handed to me repeatedly. When Arron said he was not going to take it easy on me, he sure as hell meant it.

Course I think half of it was payback from last night with the dragonborn prince.

He forgets that it is my call to meet the princes, not his.

"She will get a break when I think she deserves one" he said as he sat me down.

I stood there taking a few deep breaths. I was supposed to outrun him, that was not going to happen, but I could use my Fae abilities to help not get so beat up.

"Jasmine, you have a wolf inside of you, I can smell it, she is close, but you have to trust your abilities" Arron said quietly.

He suppressed his beast long enough to help me, "I don't know how to, that's the problem" I said as I closed my eyes and looked inside for her, seeing if I could sense her.

Just as I was about to meet her, I was flying, landing on my back again.

"Damn it Arron, I was seeing if I could connect with her, you ass" I growled out.

"You took too long," he growled right back.

I walked over to him and poked him in the chest "listen, I need to call on my wolf as you say, then let me connect with her first before you kick my ass again" I said.

"Is she really poking the rogue's chest?" Duke asked, walking over to where Evan stood.

"Yep, our queen has a death wish," he said with a smirk.

Only one in history that has been able to do that and lucky me, I was the one.

"I will give you one minute to figure it out before I come for you again" he growled as he walked away.

I had to bite my tongue before he ripped it from my mouth.

I closed my eyes and called to her silently. Next thing I knew I heard Arron coming for me, I moved to the side and when I opened my eyes I was as tall as he was.

I growled and stalked him, "let's give him what he gave us" she whispered in my head. I smiled but by the looks on Duke and Evan's face it must have been a snarl, oh well.

Arron stood his ground, growling back at me, as I continued to stalk him. "Come get me" he growled out.

"Oh, I will," I replied. I took off into a run and went after Arron. I knew he was playing with me, but he wanted me to use our skills that only came from being a rogue.

"Where is Jasmine?" Aztec said walking up to Duke and Evan.

Evan pointed towards me with a smile on his face. "She is a beautiful creature of many talents" Duke said standing there proud of his mate.

I stopped chasing after Arron and turned to where Aztec stood.

I sniffed the air and growled, setting my sights on Aztec for some reason. As I started to run towards him Arron came out of nowhere and stopped me.