Chapter Forty-Eight

Once home I went and took a shower, after my shower I slipped on a soft cotton nightgown that felt soft against my skin.

I put on the robe that Lisa gave me, deciding to go downstairs to where all the guys were sitting around in the family room.

I could hear a movie blasting, I smiled as I went to the kitchen. I knew the movie was not a comedy or romance as the guys were arguing who was the better killer in the movie.

I was making some popcorn, laughing while listening to them. "Popcorn? Someone must still be hungry" Arron said as he walked up and pulled me to him.

I turned around and saw he was shirtless; my mouth began to water at the sight of him.

"Maybe" I said with a wink, then turned around when the microwave beeped, pulling out the bag and setting it on the counter for a minute.

"Maybe huh" he said as I went to say something he picked me up and set me on the counter, so we were face to face.

His hand went behind my neck and pulled me towards him, our lips locked, and my legs went around him, pulling him closer to me.

He pulled back a little bit, looking at me and I could see his rogue behind his eyes. "I love seeing your rogue," I said as I nipped his bottom lip.

"He loves seeing you, all of you" he growled as he picked me up, my legs still wrapped around his waist. Carrying me out of the house and into the garden where we spent the next two hours having the wildest sex.

I walked back into the kitchen, saw the popcorn was gone and made another bag. This time when it was done, I took it with me into the family room.

It was empty and I smiled, I sat in my spot covered up with a blanket and turned on a good old fashion romance movie.

Halfway through the movie the power went out. I sat there for a moment letting my eyes adjust to the darkness.

I could not hear anything, and I have no idea where all the guys are. They better not be playing a joke on me, I thought.

I got up and went to the one drawer and grabbed a flashlight and a couple of candles. I lit one candle and put it on the coffee table.

I sat back down, covering up with the blanket, there was no way I was going upstairs. Not with an empty house and no power.

After a few minutes alarm bells started to chime around the house. I looked around and did not see anything in the shadows.

The bells kept chiming, this was not good, that meant something was coming for me and I do not know where the guys are.

Looking around, I had two doors to worry about, one from the kitchen and the other from the hallway by the front door.

I jumped when Duke, Thomas, Aztec, Arron, and Evan came barging into the house. They locked the door and Duke started to bark orders about making sure every room was secured.

I sat there with my heart in my throat. The bells kept chiming. "Duke" I said, and he turned when he heard me.

He rushed over and pulled me to his chest.

We could hear doors opening and shutting as the guys went room to room checking everything. Then they all rushed around and made sure everything on the main floor was secured as well.

"Why do the bells keep ringing?"

"They are testing the area to see if we respond and split up," Evan said.