Chapter Forty-Seven

Thomas and Duke set the logs by the firepit, Arron and Evan went to get some twigs from the forest since Evan would not go there alone, which had Arron snickering.

I took off my sandals and stood there with my feet in the water. Thomas came up from behind me, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me back into his chest.

We stood there watching the waves gently roll onto the shore and the moon was high above us.

"I would love it if we could get married right here like this" I said, closing my eyes, feeling Thomas's heat surround me, the feel of the water against my skin.

Thomas turned me around, he pulled out a box and got down on one knee. Everyone around stood quietly watching.

"Jasmine,

You are my queen no matter what would have happened, but you chose me. I am eternally grateful to be your mate, I have been saving this for the perfect time and since you mentioned marriage, I would love it if you wore this" Thomas said as he gave me the box.

I opened it and there sat a bracelet that was designed as a dolphin. Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Thomas, I love it, and of course I will," I said.

He took it out of the box, placing it on my wrist and as soon as it was against my skin, it started to move.

It went halfway up my arm, and a tattoo of a dolphin was on my skin. I stared in awe. Moving my arm around I looked up into Thomas' eyes.

"This is amazing, I love it" I said as I kissed him.

"I will always know if you are in trouble, plus thanks to our mutual friend for letting me know that you were here. I thought it was perfect" he said as he hugged me.

The guys all clapped and said congratulations to Thomas. Even though the full ceremony was a week away, this was their way of an engagement ring.

Sitting by the fire I watched all the guys getting along, they were laughing and joking around. This was what we needed right here and now.

I knew a war was brewing, I could feel it in the air. I did not know how, maybe with the abilities I had also developed a few new things with it.

Something caught my attention near town, but it was staying hidden in the shadows. I could not put my finger on it, but it was a strange feeling that was coming from over there.

"What's the matter my love?" Aztec asked as he noticed I was looking off in the distance.

"You see near that one store in the shadows by the corner on the right-hand side, there's something there but I can't make it out."

Aztec looked where I was talking about, and once he locked onto it, he jumped up and his chest rumbled.

Arron jumped up and went to my side, Duke went to my other side and Evan was at my back with Thomas. Aztec was standing in front of me.

"What is it?"

"It's Demar and he has a few vampires with him" Aztec said with a much deeper voice which meant his dragon was about to surface.

Instantly Arron transformed into his rogue, Duke had his claws out and his teeth lengthened, I could see the venom dripping from the tips.

The water started to surge with Thomas being so close to it. One of Thomas's gifts was the ability to command the seas.

"I think we should get her home," Evan said quietly.

"I agree but with Demar so close he could have a few of his clan ambush us before we got there" Thomas said.

"I am getting tired of this guy" I said under my breath, I had to play it smart and not go off half-cocked.

"Demar, I know you're there lurking in the shadows" Arron growled out. With that, Demar walked out of the shadows.

He did not stop walking until he was ten feet from us.

"Why don't you give this up Jasmine and be a good little girl and come with me, I will make sure as I drain every inch of your blood that you won't suffer" he said with a smile.

I could not help it, but I burst out laughing. That pissed him off. Oh well, I thought.

"It will be a cold day in hell before I will ever go with you Demar, now be a good little boy and go back underground where you belong" I said.

"Oh, trust me you will be the one underground long before I will be" he said.

"You know for a vampire you do an awful lot of talking; the movies were so wrong; they say vampires are supposed to be all sexy and hard to resist. With you, I can't seem to stop laughing at you" I said looking at Aztecs back.

Since I could not see around him, I just thought why not be a smartass since I did not have to look at him. Smart move or not I could not resist.

"You will pay Jasmine"

"To be with you, I don't think so" I said.

Evan snorted at that remark and Thomas had a smile looking at me. I just slightly shrugged my shoulders and winked at the two behind me.

"Go home Demar," Arron growled.

"I shall see you all soon," Demar said as he turned his back and disappeared into the shadows.

Arron, Duke, and Aztec all turned to look at me. "What?" I said.

"Really love?" Duke asked as he started laughing.

"Only you baby" Arron said as he was laughing.

"You know how hard it is trying to be serious when I have you behind me making smart remarks and seeing his face get redder and redder with how pissed he was getting"

"I couldn't see anything but your massive back Aztec, but still I had to have some fun and at Demar's expense, hell I love it" I said laughing.

"Let's get our little troublemaker back home," Evan said. Arron was still in his rogue form, he picked me up in his arms, I laid my head against his chest as he walked me back to our home.