Chapter Twenty-Three

After a few minutes we were walking down the stairs, Duke came up to me, looking at me, silently asking if I was okay.

I smiled up at him "everything is good now love" I said placing my hand on his heart.

Arron cleared his throat, "Duke, I'm sorry for how I acted and how I was disrespectful to you and to our mate" he said.

Duke and Evan's mouth fell open.

"Thank you for that, just don't mistreat our mate and all will be well" Duke said nodding to Arron. Evan stayed silent.

Arron and Duke both shook hands, I stood there smiling at how they were behaving. Even if it was for my benefit, it was still something.

Arron took my hand and after I said my good nights to both brothers, I walked out with Arron.

We walked through town, holding hands, as everyone from town watched from closed doors.

As we entered the forest, it took on a life of its own. The trees were taller, and the air was thicker but cooler in here.

Arron took us down a path that you would have missed if you did not know what to look for.

After a few minutes of walking a house appeared deep in the woods amongst the trees.

It was breathtaking, vines grew all over it, there was candlelight coming from the windows, it looked like it was taken from a painting.

More of a cottage feel than an actual house. I could not get over how beautiful it looked. Of course, I was expecting a rundown shack, but I did not say anything.

"Arron, this place is beautiful" I said taking it all in.

"I'm glad you like it," he said, smiling down at me.

"I really do like it" I said squeezing his hand just a little"

When we reached the door he opened it, picked me up and carried me across the threshold.

I giggled, "that is what you do when you get married" I said.

"I know but it felt right with you" he said as he kissed the top of my head.

Once inside he shut the door and placed me down, I stood there taking it all in.

There was a fireplace with an overstuffed couch that looked inviting.

A kitchen was off the family room, he showed me where the bathroom was, and the door down the hall was the bedroom.

It was only one floor, but everything was here, nothing fancy but it felt like home. It was comfortable to me.

"This is perfect Arron," I said looking around. He stood there watching me as I walked around taking my hand tracing everything.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Not at this moment" I said, turning to look at him. I was hungry, but not for food at this moment. There was enough pent-up energy between us.

He let out a low growl and stalked towards me, a smirk was on my lips, we both knew what each other wanted right in that moment.

He took my hand and led me to the bedroom, there were candles everywhere. The bed was king-size, with black satin sheets that were turned down.

He stood in front of me, slowly undressing me. Standing in front of him naked, he took me all in. He smiled as he undressed in front of me.

This man was chiseled out of marble with how hard his body was.

Muscular in all the right places. His tattoos were all over his chest as well as his legs.

Something I was going to have to ask him about later, but right now I just wanted to feel him inside of me.

I walked over to the bed and laid down for him, as he stood there a smile formed on his lips as his eyes hooded over.

"Mine" was all he said before he was on top of me. We ravished each other for the next few hours. We could not get enough of each other. The more we tried the hotter the fire burned between us.

After we both were satisfied for the moment, I laid my head on his chest and my one arm draped over his chest.

"Are you happy, my love?" he asked.

"I'm very happy" I said as I closed my eyes.

"Good" he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I was content and felt safe and at peace finally with Arron. It took some time, but something clicked in him about us.

All I remember was falling asleep to him telling me how he loved and cherished me, and I would want for nothing, that he would take care of me.

I smiled and whispered that I loved him as I drifted off to a peaceful sleep.