Chapter Thirty-One

Once we were at the house I changed into my black nightgown and sat on the couch with the rest of the guys.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Evan asked.

"I worked at a bar for a few years, I had to do that almost nightly," I said, pulling a blanket over my legs.

"Well, it was a turn on seeing you handle yourself" Duke said with a wink.

"You think she is a turn on when she is sleeping also" Evan said laughing.

"Who doesn't" Thomas asked

Evan raised his hand, "that's because I'm too much for you that's why" I said with a wink, and everyone busted out laughing.

"Jasmine, did you just punch someone at a bar?" Lilith said as she just walked into our home.

"She sure did, should have seen it, that idiot deserved it" Duke said smiling at me.

"Why, what's wrong Lilith?" I asked, seeing the look of concern on her face.

"That idiot was a dragonborn, not royalty but still a dragonborn" she said sitting down and looking at me.

"What does that mean?" I asked, looking at her.

"It means you will be seeing the prince of the dragon's tomorrow, Jasmine" she said looking worried.

"Well, at least I will get to see my enemy face to face" I said sitting back. Everyone agreed.

Lilith sat there watching me, she knew on the inside I was scared but I could not show it in front of my mates. I was to be queen, I had to put on a brave face even if I did not feel like it.

Which I did not.

Thomas left with Lilith, he wanted to check on a few things he said as he kissed me goodnight. "I'm going to take a shower and go to bed," I said, getting up.

"Night Jasmine," Evan said, flipping through the channels.

Duke was in the kitchen with Arron talking about something about tomorrow.

I went into my room, took a long shower, put on my dark ruby red nightgown, and went to stand on my balcony.

Standing there closing my eyes, my face tilted towards the sky, I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"One such as beautiful as you shouldn't be left alone, you should always have at least two guards around you at all times" a deep man's voice said standing behind me.

I froze, I did not recognize that voice.

I opened my eyes and slowly turned around. This mountain of a man had to be the dragon prince. He was massive, he was built like a bodybuilder and was much taller than I was.

"You must be the dragon prince" I said in a voice just barely above a whisper. He looked down and smiled at me.

"And you must be Jasmine the true born queen" he said as he tilted his head in the tiniest bow.

We stood there watching each other. I had no clue what to say or do at this moment. So, I let my instincts take over, they have been good to me so far.

"I will first say I meant no disrespect to you or yours by the insult I threw at the kid, I thought he was a mere human and those are the insults that best suit them most times" I said looking into his eyes.

He smiled, "to tell you the truth Jasmine, that kid deserved it, he has been a pain in my side since he was about two years old" he said with a shake of his head.

"I have no ill will against you at all Jasmine, contrary to what the seer has said."

"That is good to hear, I didn't want to have any issues between us" I said.

"Grant me a meeting tomorrow afternoon," he asked.

"I have training in the morning, but I would like a meeting with you," I said, smiling up at him.

"I shall stop by and watch you train, possibly, and I was rude, my name is Aztec, prince of the dragonborn" he said with a bow of his head.

"It is nice to meet you Aztec" I said holding out my hand, he placed his massive hand into my comparatively tiny one. He squeezed slightly then let go.

"Jasmine love, we need to discu–, what in the hell are you doing here Aztec?" Arron growled, walking over to stand in front of me.

"I was here to talk with Jasmine and to assure her that there is no ill will between us, I also requested a meeting tomorrow afternoon and she agreed" he said standing to his full height.

Which was really saying something since he is taller than Arron, which I thought was impossible since Arron stands close to seven feet.

What is with these guys and the height?

I placed my hand on Arron's back, to let him know not to start anything until I had a meeting with Aztec. I needed to know more about him first.

As Aztec and Arron seemed to be in a staring contest, Duke walked in. "What the hell is going on in my house" he said with a deadly tone to his voice.

I looked over at Duke, "Aztec was letting me know there is no ill will between us, he also requested a meeting tomorrow afternoon and I agreed, Arron came in and saw Aztec and well they have been this way ever since" I said looking at Duke to help.

Duke walked over, "Aztec, good to see you but can we pick this up tomorrow it is late, and Jasmine has training tomorrow morning"

Aztec turned towards Duke, "I shall leave for now, but you shouldn't let this beautiful creature stand all alone at night on her balcony, one might whisk her away and keep her all to himself" he said and turned to look at me and wink.

I smiled, "it is rare that I am alone, trust me, and I shall see you tomorrow Aztec" I said, slightly bowing my head towards him.

He smiled warmly at me, and with that his wings unfolded from his back, and he took off from the balcony.

My eyes grew wide "holy hell" I said watching him fly.

"Such a showoff" Arron grumbled as he pulled me into the room and locked the balcony doors.

I laid down on the bed, Duke sat next to me, and Arron sat on the other side of me.

I put my hand up, "I do not want to hear it, I need to meet with Aztec since he is the prince of the dragons, I need to hear what he has to say. It will benefit us greatly" I said not looking at anyone but the ceiling.

"She does have a point," Duke said as his hand went to my leg. I knew what was on his mind, hell it is always on my mind when he is close by.

Arron stood up, "fine, but tomorrow I will not take it easy on you Jasmine" he said as he opened the bedroom door.

"I never expected you to" I said, and with that Arron shut the bedroom door, after a moment, I heard the house door slam shut.

I looked over at Duke, "take me away from here love" I said with a smile.

"Gladly sweetheart" he said as we climbed in-between the sheets and spent the rest of the night forgetting the rest of the world except just us.