Chapter Fourteen

The next morning, I was a wreck, I kept standing there in front of my closet looking at my outfits. I had no idea what to wear when meeting a prince.

Was it formal, casual? Duke and Evan were gone for the day doing their thing. I knew deep down Evan took Duke out for the day so he would not threaten the vampire.

Spending the night with Duke was everything I wanted, I wanted him to know that my affection was growing for him.

That he was one of the ones that I wanted but he was still all male and did not want another coming around which I do not blame him at all.

I would not want another female sniffing around my man either.

I rang the bell for Davis, a moment later he was at the door.

"What can I do for you Jasmine?"

"Would you be able to get Lisa for me? I need some advice" I asked him.

Davis smiled, "of course" and he was gone. I left the door open since Lisa was on her way.

"I hear you need my help, what is the occasion?" she asked, walking over to the closet that was stacked full of clothes.

"I'm meeting with the prince of the vampires, and I am lost on what to wear" I said sitting down on the bed.

"Oh, well I can see why you called me," she said, starting to get to work pulling out different outfits.

An hour later I was standing in front of the full-length mirror. I was wearing a dark red sundress that had royal blue rose designs throughout it.

It had no sleeves, and a soft plunging neckline, shorter in the front that went a bit above the knees and cascaded down the back to where it almost touched my ankles.

"This is perfect Jasmine, simple, yet elegant, casual or formal" she said admiring her work.

"Oh, don't forget these earrings' ' she said, handing me two ruby earrings that dangled in a teardrop of sapphires.

Lisa smiled and gave me a wink and she left just as quickly as she arrived.

I straightened my hair a little and did a touchup of makeup. I slipped on a pair of sandals that were the color of royal blue to match the designs on the dress.

I was really going to have to get Lisa something special for all her help. She was amazing at what she did.

I still had a bit before he was to be here, walking out onto the balcony, I leaned against the edge and looked out at the water.

Trying to draw strength from it, closing my eyes I took a deep breath drawing in all the scents that the rose garden was sending to me.

I opened my eyes and looked down. There stood a man that had my heart racing as soon as our eyes made contact.

From this height he looked like he had just finished a photo shoot. There was no way another man was just as good looking as Duke.

I left the balcony and walked down the stairs. Davis had let this man in, as I was at the end of the stairs, he was standing there waiting for me.

My heart was beating a mile a minute, my breathing hitched slightly. This man cocked his head to the side for a moment and smiled.

His black eyes startled me for a split second, "my dear Jasmine I presume" he said, giving me a slight bow.

I walked over to where this man stood. His build was slender but from the way his shirt molded to his body he was not lacking in muscle.

"Nice to meet you" I said, giving him a small smile.

"I have arranged reservations at a small restaurant outside of town for us" he said as he held out his arm for me to take.

I steadied my breathing and put my arm around his, as we walked outside there was a horse drawn carriage waiting for us.

There were two horses, they were all black with their harnesses a deep ruby color. I walked over to the horses and petted each one.

"You both are simply stunning" I said as each horse nuzzled my hand. I smiled as Demar stood there watching.

He held out his hand to help me into the carriage. As we left, I was looking around, I was nervous and was not sure where to look or how to start a conversation.

Demar took my one hand in his, I turned to look at him.

"I know this is all new to you, the queen of the seers explained everything to me, and I promised her that I would help you understand my customs" he said as he held on to my hand.

"Thank you for being so kind, I really don't want to offend you since I am still new to all of this" I said with a slight smile.