Chapter Forty-Three

I sat down on the bed, facing the guys. "Okay what is really going on?" I asked, sitting back against the headboard.

"We found out that Demar has a bounty on you, dead or alive to be brought to him. He wants to use your blood to recreate his own queen" Duke said.

Arron and even Aztec growled at that thought, Thomas went still but you could feel the anger growing inside of him.

"With knowing this, why can't someone that has authority do something about this?"

"We counsel our own love, and Demar is the last of the royal vampires, he has no one to govern his moves except himself" Aztec said.

"So, he can just do as he wishes?"

"As long as he doesn't touch you, yes, but as soon as he does the rest of the different clans can get involved" Arron said with a growl.

"Now I understand why Aztec was furious with you guys earlier" I said looking at Aztec.

"Exactly my little queen" he said and winked at me.

"I have something to tell you guys, I don't know how you all will feel about it, but it is something I have thought about, and I think it just fits" I said.

"He is your fourth mate" Arron and Duke said in unison.

"How did you know?"

"We share your feelings to a point when a new mate is discovered" Thomas said.

I looked over at Thomas to gauge his expression, he smiled warmly at me, taking a hold of my hand.

"I think it works, you carry all of our blood in you, it only makes sense that each one of us is your mate sweetheart" Thomas said, picking my hand up and kissing it.

Leave it to my Thomas to be the voice of reason. I do love this man.

"Arron and Duke, I want to know how you both feel about this?" I really want to know.

"I'm good with it as long as he treats you how you are supposed to be treated," Duke said with a smile.

I nodded my head, understanding what he was saying.

Arron took a moment, sitting down next to me, putting his hand gently under my chin and lifting my face up to meet his eyes.

"My love, we are mated forever, that is a given, if you feel that is best for you and for our family then as long as he is true to you my beloved, then I am good with it" he said as he gently kissed my lips.

"This is the side of you that had me falling in love with you" I said as I kissed him back.

"Welcome to the family, Aztec," Thomas said.

"This is one family that I am happy to be a part of," Aztec said, watching everyone.

Looking around at each of the guys, "question, what about the Elves, are they in with the vampires? Or are they doing their own thing?"

All the guys looked at each other, "they have stated they are a part of no one and wish to stay out of it. They have their own thing going on and wish to be separate from all of us" Arron said.

"That's fine, they can do their own thing, it will have no effect on us or what is to come" I said, moving to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Thomas asked

"I'm starving and Evan should be done with dinner by now" I said as all four of my mates followed me downstairs to the kitchen.

"About time," Evan said, setting the table.

I was shocked to see all the plates were set, there were flowers in the middle of the table and a few candles were lit.

"The table looks beautiful Evan" I said, I could see Evan standing there with a proud smile.

"I thought we could have a nice meal at home for a change"

"Is there even a seating arrangement?" I had to ask just in case he did have one.

Evan just glared at me, I winked at him, and we both smiled at each other.

Once we were seated Evan brought out roasted chicken, scalloped potatoes, garden salad and rolls.

I was thoroughly impressed.

Once everyone had the food on their plates, we dug in. It tasted delicious. The chicken was exactly right, nice and tender. Everything was done to perfection.

"You outdid yourself Evan, everything tastes wonderful" I said.

Everyone around the table agreed.

Once we were all done, and the dishes were cleared, and the kitchen was clean, I sat there with a cup of coffee looking at everyone.

"What's on your mind Jasmine?" Arron asked as he sat back relaxing.

"Would the minotaur's be willing to take our side or are they more like the Elves and wanting to stay out of it?"

Arron sat there thinking for a few moments, "it is hard to tell with them, they usually stay to themselves, but if they do anything there is usually a cost for it"

"Would it be worth at least talking to them about it?"

"We can go and see what their prince has to say, if we all go together, he won't try anything" Arron said looking around at everyone.

"When do you think it is the best time to go visiting?"

"I would say tomorrow at sunset, that way Thomas can be there with us, we stand as a united front" Arron said looking at me.

He knew how important this was, and we needed to start to show everyone that we were a family and we worked as one, showing that four different clans came together.

"Sounds good to me" Thomas said as he stood up and held out his hand for me. Looking up into his eyes I took his hand as he led me upstairs to our bedroom.