Chapter Thirteen

"It's the law of the land, she has to see everyone Duke, you know this" Lilith said in a stern tone.

"What am I missing here?" I asked, looking between Duke and Lilith.

"Jasmine, the seventh is the rogue, the one of nightmares, part wolf part man, stuck in-between man and beast, walks on two legs, but the body and head of a wolf with hands that have sharp claws on the end of them" Evan said looking down at his hands.

"Well, if they are stuck between the two, can they even communicate?"

"Never underestimate them, they are intelligent, and can speak just as clearly as we are right now" Lilith said, patting my hand.

I blew out a breath, this was a lot to take in all at once.

"When and who is the first one that wants to meet with me?" I asked, looking at Evan.

"Tomorrow and the who is the lord Demar, he is the last heir of the vampires." Evan said, looking at me.

"I need to take a break for a bit, I need to wrap my head around all of this before we continue" I said standing up and walking out of the kitchen.

I went outside, walking right to the gazebo where the scent of roses helped clear my mind.

"Jasmine, my dear child, you will be fine with all of this, some part of you deep inside will know what to do and how to act even if you don't know what you are doing" Lilith said as she sat beside me.

"I'm afraid that I will mess things up and create a war or something between everyone, I have grown attached to Duke, I feel at home with him, but what happens if there is another out there that I fall for as well?"

Lilith sat there smiling, "my dear, that can happen and that wouldn't be so bad, look at Duke and Evan, same mother, two fathers" she said.

I looked over and saw both brothers standing there watching me from a distance.

"That's what I think Duke is afraid of, and I never want to hurt him" I said looking at Duke standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Lilith took my hands in hers, "My child, Duke loves you, that is evident, and I know you love him, you two were made for each other.

But one thing about this prophecy, the queen takes two mates not one to make sure the heirs continue on" she said as she stood to leave.

"So, no way around any of this, is there?"

"I'm afraid not my dear, follow your heart, you will know what is right and what is not" she said as she walked away, ending our discussion.

After Lilith left, I was more confused than before. How was I supposed to see these different guys when the one I was growing more attracted to was standing right in front of me.

Now I was to meet with the prince of the vampires, who would have thought that a simple girl from the city was about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime.