Chapter Twenty-Seven

I sat there looking at all three of my mates, I would bear their children, carry on the bloodlines, and keep the peace.

Sure, why not? An easy task that made me laugh inside, but on the outside, I looked at each one of my mates.

Duke was standing there talking to Evan, he was strong, took control, had a stealth about him that made him deadly.

But he was also kind, compassionate, generous, and loving. Someone I could see being with forever.

Then there was Thomas, sitting there talking with Arron.

He has a commanding presence, in and out of the water. He was deadly in either form. But he was also loving, compassionate, and would do anything for those he loved.

He held my heart in his hands and I don't think he knows this yet; I don't think any of them know how much they each have a piece of my heart.

Then there was Arron, my rogue prince. Deadly as they come, vengeance was his sword, but I saw kindness, loyalty, humility, and most important the ability to love beyond measure. That was his strength.

All three of them together were a force so deadly it was suicide to go against them, even apart they were a force to be reckoned with.

Looking over at Evan, I saw a brother I never had but one I would die for, he was the most caring, loyal, and funny man I have ever known.

But he was also deadly, as the Fae are stealthy and can strike before you even realize they have moved.

We have three weeks before the world we know changes into a dark one, one of deception, death, and carnage. It was going to be a world I had never been a part of until now.

I might need them to protect me, but I will be damned if I will be helpless.

"I want each of you to train me," I said sitting there. That got their attention.

"That can be arranged," Arron said with a grin on his face. I knew he would be the first one to accept the challenge, since his beast side loved a good fight but also, I needed that savage side to help me learn how to be that way as well.

"You can't kill her, Arron," Evan said, rolling his eyes, which had me laughing.

Arron got up and started to walk towards me, "no, I would not ever kill her, but I want a queen that can be just as savage as my beast, and I know Jasmine has it in here," he said moving behind me and tapping my temple, "locked away somewhere. Just have to find it" he said with a wink.

"Since we are all together right now, and Lilith likes to disappear before I can ask her anything, can you tell me what the blood ceremony actually involves?"

All four guys moved to and sat down at the table.

They looked at each other seeing who would tell me. This does not look like a good thing if they were not saying anything just yet.

"Jasmine love, it is an ancient tradition when the moon is at the highest point in the sky and on a full moon, so everything is lit up. The queen is standing there naked, in front of her mates.

Each mate goes to his queen, offers her his loyalty, and his blood to her. she can either accept or decline him. If she accepts him, he then bites her in a place of his choosing. Once he is finished, she then bites him, but if the queen does not have fangs, she uses a special dagger that is blessed by the ancient queen's blood.

She then cuts her chosen mate and drinks his blood, sealing the bond between the two.

She does this with each of her mates. Once that is done, each mate takes his queen to a special spot and cements the bond by making love together.

Since you have three mates, you must do this three times before the moon is out of the night sky." Evan said, sitting back watching me.

"Okay, that's not so bad" I said thinking about it. All three males smiled oddly at me. "There's something you're not telling me by those smiles" I said looking at each one.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, that when you cement the bond, each mate has to be in his true form" Evan said with a wink.

My mouth dropped open at that one.