Chapter Ten

"This might be a lot to take in, but please let me finish. Once I am done, I will answer any questions you might have" he said, taking a hold of my hands.

"Okay, I won't say a word" I said curious now as to what he was about to say.

"There has been a prophecy about a woman who has a royal bloodline from the ancient queen who used to rule over all the beings that were not human. Every queen would take a mate to produce an heir.

The heir would be a female and the line would continue, if she reigned, there was peace between the different people.

But something happened and the queen disappeared, no one knew what went on or where she went. But word spread and the people started splitting apart.

Everyone stayed with their own kind, wars broke out over territory, it was a mess to say the least.

As for the different people, they are not human beings, there is another world mixed in with humans Jasmine. There are such things as werewolves, vampires, Fae, or fairies as you heard of them, merfolk which are mermaids and mermen.

There are elves, minotaur's, dragons, sirens, oracles, seers, witches, demons, about every mythical creature your culture has written in books or made movies of.

I will say most of what they wrote, and the movies are all wrong. Vampires do not go around sucking people dry, or living off their blood, and they can walk in sunlight.

Just as werewolves do not turn into wolves and ravage the towns. There are some horror movies that have the right thought about wolves that walk on two legs and that are blood thirsty.

Those ones are of nightmares, and are cursed, as they went rogue and went against nature.

So, nature cursed them never to be able to turn fully into a wolf or a human, they were stuck in the in-between stages.

The seer proclaimed that a woman of royal blood was going to show up and that she was my true mate. As you can imagine, Evan and I were stunned to find out about this.

She did not tell us who she was or what she looked like, but that night when I was in the city, I had a pull to be there.

I saw you working that night behind the bar, serving customers their drinks, not looking at all happy but doing your best.

I was going to go in, but I was nervous to talk to you, so I waited until you were off your shift. I went for a walk trying to figure out a way to talk to you without freaking you out.

I was on my way back to find you when your blood hit my nose. I rushed over to you, seeing you laying there, with your blood pouring out.

Your life was almost extinguished. I could not let you die; I had a feeling you were meant to be with me. I could not explain the feeling or why it was there.

Holding you, I made the decision, and I bit your neck just a little, giving you some of my venom that would stop the bleeding.

Before you say anything, you cannot become a werewolf or a vampire by just one bite.

That is how I was able to bring you to my home and care for you so you could live.

Now for the hardest part, Jasmine, I am not human by any means.

My mother was fae as she is also Evan's mother, but we have different fathers.

My father was a werewolf, and Evan's father was Fae. I am half Fae and half werewolf, as Evan is fully Fae. As for you my sweet dear Jasmine, you are the last of the royal bloodline of the original queen.

You are the last true queen of the immortals or as you may know us as, the mythical ones."

Duke finished as he sat there looking at me, waiting for me to either accept or leave him.

I sat there not knowing what to think or say, except holy hell this was all real, everything that I have ever read about.

How I used to dream about the different realms and becoming one of them. If this was all real then they were not really dreams, they were visions of what I was.

Looking at Duke, I could see he was nervous, and I could not blame him one bit.

He just put all his cards on the table and now was waiting for my hand to be played.

Every bit of his words rang true in my ears and in my heart. Nothing felt false. He saved me from death, brought me to his home, and cared for me.

He gave me everything he had to offer and asked for nothing in return.

I was free to come and go as I wished and if I wanted to leave, I was able to.

To a normal person I am sure they would get up and run far away from him and this place, but I was not a normal person, I never was.

I stood up and walked over to where Duke was sitting. He stood up as I stood there, he looked down at me, waiting for me to answer him.