Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Why thank you Demar, I think so as well" I said, turning to look at him. I was not about to have him ruin this evening.

He looked at me and sneered, "such a waste of the ancient blood" he said as he walked by.

"Such a waste of a vampire," I replied. I could not help it, sometimes my mouth overrides my ass but still it felt good most days.

The guys busted out laughing, they knew Demar was no match with all of us together and he even knew that.

He just kept walking and I filled my mouth with a roll to keep from making another remark.

Evan was about to say something, but Arron pointed at him, "don't even make a comment" he growled.

Evan looked at me and I winked. Getting Duke groaning and Thomas laughing. We headed back to the house and Thomas went back to the water.

Lying in bed I was dreading today. "Not ready to get out of bed this morning love" Duke asked as he got out of the shower.

"Not really, I'm nervous, today is my training day with Aztec" I said pulling the covers over my face.

Duke pulled them back, standing there naked and oh I definitely wasn't ready to get out of bed, he saw the look on my face and winked.

"You have to do this sweetheart, plus I think as usual you will grasp the idea of it, and everything will work out" he said, slipping his pants on.

I groaned when he was dressed, that was not what I wanted, but Duke did not want me to be distracted any more than I already was.

"Take a shower love and I will fix you a good breakfast" he said as he walked out of the bedroom.

I laid there for a few more minutes just stretching and enjoying a moment to myself before the day started.

After a shower I put on a pair of shorts and a tank top. My usual get my ass kicked outfit.

Once downstairs I could smell bacon cooking. My stomach grumbled, wanting to eat. Sitting down at the table Duke put a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes in front of me.

"I can't eat all of this," I said looking at the mountain of food.

"I think you can, besides your wolf side needs more food than what you have been eating love, and I have a feeling you are going to be using a lot of energy" he said filling up his plate.

We sat in silence as we both finished our breakfast. I sat back looking at a now empty plate. "Wow" was all I could say.

Duke just smirked, knowing he was right.

There was a knock at the door, I let out a groan but as I got up Evan answered the door. "She's in the kitchen stuffing her face again"

"Evan" I yelled out, mortified that he was just telling anyone that.

I heard Evan chuckle as he walked into the other room.

"Payback Evan" I said as I saw Aztec walking into the kitchen. "Do I want to know what that was about?" he asked

"No," I said quickly.

Duke chuckled and got up, "good to see you again Aztec, what's the plan for this one" he asked.

"Well since she could call upon her Fae side with Evan and with Thomas and that interesting shake yesterday, she was able to call upon the wolf side, I want to see how strong her dragonborn side is," he said looking at me.

"So, no pressure at all," I said, throwing my hands in the air.

Aztec walked up to me, putting his finger under my chin lifting my face up to look him in the eyes, "there is no pressure my dear" he said, for some reason I could not look away it was like we were locked in a staring contest.