CHAPTER 2

PRINCE APOLLO WAS THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF KING ZEUS BORN TO HIM OUT OF HIS AFFAIR WITH LETO

PRINCE APOLLO WAS THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF KING ZEUS BORN TO HIM OUT OF HIS AFFAIR WITH LETO. Handsome and powerful. He, like any other gods, basked himself with wordly pleasures. Not only did he had multiple affairs with the women in olympus but men too. His carnal desires knew no bounds nor did he tried to suppressed it.

Apparently, his father was having an extramarital affair with a mortal woman. And he had been helping to hide his father's infidelity from Hera. The goddess despised him like she did to any other sons of Zeus born out of his infidelity. However, he did not mind it. Over the coarse of years, he had come to terms with it and resorted to live in peace with the goddess — who had made his mother's life a living hell while she was pregnant with him and his twin sister, Artemis.

He stepped down on the mortal world to keep an eye on the woman his father was having an affair with. Hera had grown suspicious of his father and as a result, Apollo was tasked by his father to put up a front — that it was he who was having an affair with the mortal woman. So Hera would calm down and not cause another havoc.

"Father says she comes to fetch the water from the pond here everyday. ' He stood near the pond and patiently awaited the suppose woman to appear. Soon, a woman dressed in a plain gown approached the pond with a pitcher. Apollo raise his brows in disbelief and confusion. The woman was plain looking, not the kind that could catch a gods attention.

She had s/c tone skin with rosy lips and wavy black hair which ended at her waist. While her eyes were a shade of e/c. She was nothing out of extraordinary. He couldn't understand what exactly made the lady catch the interest of the king of gods considering she was no Bella of the town.

While the prince judged Y/n based on her simple appearance. She started filling the pitcher with water, not even acknowledging his presence.

"Excuse me, my lady." He soon break out of his trance and called out to her. The said woman turned to notice him finally but she looked rather disinterested.

"Yes. Is there something I can help you with?" Y/n asked, eyeing the man with a sense of suspicion. From his attire, she could easily pick up that he was from a well to do family.

"I seem to have lost my way around in the forest." He lied through his teeth with a small smile. "And it's almost turning dark and I have no place to stay for the night. So if you don't mind, can you offer me a place to stay in... for the night." Sensing her suspicion, he quickly added. "It's only for tonight."

Y/n remained silent for a while, highly suspicious of the young handsome man. But again, she could not leave someone out in the open. What if an animal attacked him at night? She would be to blame for it. So setting aside her suspicion, she agreed to help the man.

Apollo followed close behind her, keenly observing her move.

'maybe she has some kind of charm to her.' he thought, his eyes never leaving the lady. Still trying to come up with a reason as to why his father was attracted to this simple looking peasant.