CHAPTER 22

As soon as the sun rose high up in the sky, Apollo descended to the mortal realm to meet his only mortal friend

As soon as the sun rose high up in the sky, Apollo descended to the mortal realm to meet his only mortal friend. He stood at her doorstep, his minds completely made up on what he must do, even though he held a tinge of fear. He was not going to keep her in the dark like his brother. She deserved to know the truth, his true identity. He was ready to walk away from her life if she refused to accept him after the revelation. However, he had enough faith in their friendship that she would not completely shunt him away after knowing the truth. It was never his intention to keep her in the dark from the start.

He raise his hand to knock at the door. But the door swing opened.

"Apollo!" She exclaimed, her lips curling in a small smile. Her eyes gleamed with glee on seeing him on her doorstep. "Please come in." She stepped aside for him to walk in.

He offered her a smile. "Thank you." He walked in. The sweet smile of the flowers he had gifted her welcomed him the moment he stepped in. The flowers, like always, were kept in beautiful ceramic vases and placed on the tables and near the windows. He had continued to gift her the flowers from the garden of Olympus as she seemed extremely fond of them.

"Would you like something to drink? I have your—"

"Y/n..." he called her, interrupting her. She stopped to gaze back at him from near the cupboard where she had all the ingredients and tea leaves. She retracted her hand from the jar which contained his favourite tea on seeing the solemn look on his face.

"It's something wrong?" Her eyes searched his face as if she would find the answers to her question on his handsome visage.

He shook his head. "I just need to tell you something important." His eyes never left hers. "Please know that I have never wished to keep it hidden from you."

"..." she remained silent. Her heart starting to pick up its pace. She held onto the head of the wooden chair near the table. She gulped down. "What is it?"

"Y/n...I am Apollo." He said, his pupils dilated and he sound almost as if he regretted being really the Apollo, the sun god, she distaste.

She stared at him, her brows slightly creased. "What do you mean?"

"I am the sun god..." he paused, closing his eyes shut. His head hang low. "One of the gods, you do not fancy." He looked at her, his eyes filled with emotions. "I have always wanted to tell you the truth but... I couldn't because of what you had said about the gods... I didn't wanted to make you feel afraid or maybe even... I don't know... but I just did not wish to see you in distress so I kept it a secret."

"..." she remained silent. A look of surprise evident in her countenance.

"Meeting you was by accident but our friendship is not. I know, I am not truly worthy to be a god considering how I had lived my life in the past. You were right." He paused to stare at her with a sad look. "I was a lustful god..."

"I won't ask you to forgive me. I have no right to do so. But I promise you, I have changed and I am no longer the lustful god I was."

Y/n remained silent. It was too much to processed at once. She could not grasp the fact itself that the man she had befriended was a god. The very sun god. Her mind took her back to the time she first meet him and how she had spoke poorly of him, thinking he was just a mortal man who shared the same name as the sun god.

"Y/n..."

"Please..." she stared at the ground. Still overwhelmed. "Please leave me alone for some time." The golden eyed god stepped back.

"If that is what you wish." He turned to leave but stopped when he reached the door. "But if you do forgive me, meet me at the same place we first met, I will wait for you. I'll give you a whole week to think over it. And if you do not show up, I'll take it as a sign that you have not forgiven me and I'll accept it... and walk away from your life."