CHAPTER 25

"Do you want to?"

"Do you want to?"

"I..." she trailed off, her eyes casting down. A sudden look of realisation spreading in her face and she almost looked in disbelief. "Can I not?" She asked, it was as if she was asking for permission to go against what once she stood by. Her ground was wavering and she hate to admit it.

"Y/n..."

She looked up at him. "He said he has changed, Belen." Her eyes looked desperate, pleading him to say she could not hate him. That it was okay for her to not despise him even when he was one of those selfish, cruel and lustful gods. gods could change too right?

Hermes stared at her. His teal hues clouded with conflicting emotions. "You believe he has changed?"

"..."

He suck in a deep breath and clenched his fist, bracing himself for the next query he was going to ask her. "Y/n.." his adam apple throb. "D-do you have feelings for him?" His voice wavered. "Do you love him?"

Her eyes widened. Did she? She remained silent, simply staring at him like she was stripped off her ability to talk. Her heart thump on her ears and it was all she could hear. She did look forward to Apollo's visits. She cherish every little present he gifted her. She appreciate how he was attentive and gift her meaningful tokens like the books she loved, the bracelet she was eyeing as she walked by the streets. Not only that he tolerated her despite the deep hatred she held towards the gods. He never tried to impose on her.

There were so many little things she appreciate and admire about him.

And now that she think about it, he would have easily cursed her for your insolence but he didn't. But the bigger question was, did she love him?

"He is—" she found herself at a lost of words. "I— We are friends. Acquaintances." She said, more like convincing herself, turning her head away.

"Friends... like us?" Hermes questioned, drawing her full attention to him. He looked as much in distress as she was in. She opened her mouth but no words came out of her lips. How could she tell him it was different? In her heart, she knew both of them did not owe the same place. However, she was finding it hard to connect with her heart amidst the emotions she was going through. Her denial had blocked her from listening to the deep cries of her tormented heart.

"Y-yes." It almost felt like a lie coming out of her lips. "So do you think I should give him another chance?" She asked him, she could not push herself so she needed someone to give her the push to the direction she wished for.

"It is for you to decide, y/n." He replied, his tone seemed off unlike usual. Like he was deeply wounded by her words. He forced a smile. "Take some time and think wisely about it." He paused. "Whether you want to give him another chance or not."

'after all who am I to decide for you when you see me as a mere friend...'

"Since your hands are already full right now. I shall take my leave." He turned to leave.

"Belen..." she called. He turned to see her smile at him gratefully. "Thank you." Have she come to a decision. His blood run cold at the thought of her forgiving his brother. But it troubled his heart more at how she looked so torn just because of Apollo. It made him question if she would feel the same if he revealed who he really was.

He simply nodded his head and forced another smile.

.........................

"Did he sound sincere?" Sandra asked. Y/n had come to her for advice as she had no one to turn to.

"Yes, I guess." She replied, thinking back to the day. He seemed so sad and broken.

"What do you mean by you guess, y/n? We are talking serious here." She paused and folded her arms against her bosom. "However, looking at you... you seem to already know what your heart wants, don't you?"

"I don't!" The h/c refuted. "That's why I am here to ask you what to do."

"Alright." She said, knowing her friend would never admit to it. She knew y/n was just finding for a way to reckon her into the path she had already chosen. "If he is really a dear friend of yours and you believed he has changed you should forgive him I guess."

"You think so?" Y/n said in relief. Sandra nodded her head staring at her.

"But it is your decision to forgive him if you do so don't coming blaming me when things go wrong." She pouted.

"Don't be mean." Y/n embraced Sandra in a tight hug, her eyes dilating in relief as she bask in the light feeling she felt. It felt like a huge burden was taken off her heart.

'I don't need to hate him.'

If only she knew.....