CHAPTER 40

For several days on end, the h/c mourn over her shredded heart

For several days on end, the h/c mourn over her shredded heart. More so, for the man she once loved and still did but he was dead. The Belen he knew didn't existed anymore. She could still not bring herself to accept the harsh words he had hurled towards her at the heat of the moment. However, she wasn't so foolish to just brush it off as if it didn't really happen.

He had pointed fingers on her character.

She could have maybe forgiven him if it was some other aspect of her, he pointed fingers at, considering how madly she love him with all her heart.

If only she knew the love she harbour for Belen was only because of Cupid's arrow and Belen was not who she think he was. But would she ever have the privilege to even learn the bitter truth?

As she sat on her bed in despair. Mourning over the loss. A soft knock was heard. However, she simply pulled her knees against her chest and remained mute. Hermes had been dropping by every day since the incident, begging for a chance to explain himself. Yet she had remained deaf eared to his pleas. So she had expected to hear him plead for another chance right after the knock. However, instead the familiar voice of her beloved friend, Sandra was heard.

"Y/n, it's me Sandra. Please open the door. I know about what had happened and I have something important that I must tell you." Her voice sounded hushed, as if she didn't want anyone to hear what she was saying except her.

The urgency in her voice made the e/c eyed woman to finally step out of her bed and open the door to let her friend in.

"Goodness y/n! Have you not been taking care of yourself?" She voiced out the moment she saw the h/c who appeared pale and dull. Her eyes were swollen from all the tears she had shed and her lips were perched. She was not well groomed too.

Sandra took her hand in hers and lead her inside and locked the door as she entered. "Let me make something for you first." She assisted her to one of the chairs on the small dine table. "If I would have known, I would have brought something for you to eat." She said, almost like she was reprimanding herself.

"I'm fine... Sandra." Y/n finally spoke out in a weak voice, her eyes casted down. "You don't have to worry. I just— needed some time to mourn over my loss." Her eyes almost turned glossy as she said those words, remembering the harsh words Belen had thrown at her. It still hurt her even though it didn't hurt as much as it did several days back.

"Y/n, you shouldn't mourn over that bastard." Sandra replied, her eyes clearly portraying the spite she now hold against that man. "All he has done is lie to you." Y/n look up, her brows now furrowed in confusion. What did Sandra meant by that?

Her friend face softened a bit as she noticed the look of confusion in y/n visage. She did not know how to put it forth to the h/c in a way it won't make her hurt more.

"Y/n... I'm going to tell you something that's going to be hard to take in..." she said in a careful way, as if she was afraid her comrade would shatter with the slightest touch or even a louder voice.

"What is it, Sandra?" The h/c asked, fearing for the worst.