CHAPTER 21

"You love her, Hermes?"

Hermes teal eyes trailed up to meet his brother who had stood up. His face was contorted in an unpleased look while his golden hues held a tinge of rage in it.

"Do you not wish to turn her into our kind?" Apollo raised another question. The teal eyed god remained silent, deep in his thoughts. "If you cannot love her right, Hermes, don't at all." The sun god turned his back to his half brother and walked out. His fists clenched in a tight fist. He could not believe his brother would be so selfish. Hermes love was selfish for he thought only of himself. His happiness.

What about her?

Was he trying to fool her into falling in love with him?

If his love was not selfish, he would at least plan on telling her the truth someday even if she might not forgive her. He would not try to keep her in the dark forever just to win her heart. It enraged Apollo to even think his brother planned to fool her forever. Of course, she was just a mortal he disliked in the past for her behaviour. But now it was different. She was a friend of his and he wished for her all the finest things the world could offer like how a true friend would.

He love his brother but it didn't mean he would just stand and watch him being selfish when that very selfishness of his was going to deeply wound someone he cared for. He placed his hand on the railings of the balcony to look down at the mortal world. His pools of golden hues searched for the young h/c haired woman. She stood at the window staring up at the night sky, admiring the beauty of the wide skies filled with twinkling stars and the serene moon. His eyes soften a little as he caught sight of her form, his heart swelled with sympathy towards her.

'Does she love Hermes?' He let out a sigh, burying his face in his palm. Meanwhile, she leaned against the frame of the window, as her thoughts revolved around the sun god. He had promised to ask Belen about his well being and make sure everything is fine. His words had ease her troubled heart. She backed away from the window and walked in her chamber.

She sat down on her bed. It had been a long day. She turn to the drawer near her bed to blow off the lantern but she stopped as she saw the book beside it. Her warm pools of e/c hues softened and her lips curled in a small smile as she reminisced the memories of Apollo helping her read the piece of literature since she was not very well educated being an orphan.

The young prince had gifted him the book on learning her fondness for literature and arts. She had never thought the man who she had once thought to be arrogant and full of pride, would listen keenly to her talks and even go out of his way to gift her the things she was fond of and had talked to him about. He had even patiently assisted her with reading the book. She had always looked forward to her reading lessons with him. Even though she would never admit it herself.

She placed her hand on the book. 'I wonder if he could come to visit me tomorrow.' Her heart knew what it wants, but her mind did not listen to the whispers of her heart.