CHAPTER 46

Warning!!!Contain acts of violence and blood

Warning!!!
Contain acts of violence and blood. If you are sensitive to such content, plz do not proceed with this chapter.

.............

Zeus was greatly infuriated with the harsh words of Hermes, even though it was the bitter truth. He couldn't bear it especially when it came from one of his sons who had never gone against him. He intended to keep the same control and authority over him. He knew he had promised that he will give the young lady to Apollo and he couldn't turn away from his words, least he wanted Apollo to turn his back on him too.

Hence, he made the decision to let someone else do his dirty work yet at the same time maintain the promise he had made. There was no one better than Ares, the god of war, known for his reckless behaviour to carry out his work.

"I must straightened Hermes impolite behaviour or else he will get out of hand yet I cannot pay a blind eye to Apollo." Zeus said, he had already decided on how to remind Hermes on where he stand and how he should behave. There were already enough unruly sons of his and he did not wish to add Hermes to the collection. His very own son, Ares, who stood in front of him right now was one. If Ares weren't his own flesh and blood, he would have banished the god of war from Olympus ages ago for the embarrassment he had brought to them (Hera and Zeus).

"Hence, I have come to a decision for which I require your participation." He continued, turning to glance at his son.

"And what is it that I must do?"

"Violence." Zeus simply replied, fully turning to face him. "Your greatest forte." He paused to stare right at him in the eyes. "I will reward you in return for your service." He knew that Ares would not agree to offer his service unless there was a profit for him at the other end.

"Just kill the mortal woman imprisoned in the tower by Hermes." He instructed. "It's an easy job for you. Make sure she dies an easy dead but..." he paused, his eyes turning dark. "Mutilate her body after she's dead and make it such that her face is unrecognisable. I will not give Hermes the luxury to even hold her lifeless body in his arms nor see her visage for the last time."

"Then what about your promise to Apollo?"

Zeus scoffed. "Don't concern yourself with that. I will take care of it."

.................................

The sun was about to set, and the young lady sat before the looking glass, combing her locks. Hermes was out to run his godly errands, leaving her all alone in the tower. She hoped it was tonight that the golden haired prince would come to take her away. And she would finally confess her love to him once they were far away from the clutches of Hermes.

Even thinking about it made heat rise to her cheeks.

'What if he just sees me only as a friend?' The thought crossed her mind, making her face fall. She placed the comb down. Her mind too preoccupied with thoughts to not notice the swift movement of the intruder approaching her with a double edged sword.