CHAPTER 14

"—YOU LOOK SO PRETTY

"YOU LOOK SO PRETTY." SANDRA COMMENTED LOOKING AT HER FRIEND'S REFLECTION IN THE MIRROR.

The brown eyed woman had somehow forced the said woman into dressing well. She had picked up one of the dresses from the clothing set — Hermes had gifted y/n saying it was from Apollo when she first met him. It was a fine linen gown in a beautiful shade of golden and flowed down her ankles. Her h/c hair was braided with a few loose strands framing her delicate face.

"Now just a bit of lip tint..." Sandra said, stomping down to paint her light rosy lips. However, she leaned away with her face scrunched up.

"It's enough." She answered and stood up.

"Come on... don't you want to make him awestruck on seeing you?"

Y/n shoot her a done look. "He is just a friend."

"Yes,yes, yes. Just a friend." The brown eyed woman rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her hip. She was keen on grooming her comrade up for tonight's dinner. Y/n couldn't help but wonder what sandra had up her sleeves? At this rate, she wouldn't be surprised if her friend faked an urgent work and left her alone with Belen.

Y/n exhale a sigh. Very much done with her comrade.

"Miss Sandra, the guest has arrived." A servant walked in, much to y/n's relief. Her brown hues brightened up as she heard about the man's arrival.

"Very well. You can go...sho..." She turned to y/n and linked her arms with hers. "Come on... Let's go! Get that man...huh..."

........

Hermes stood at the balcony where the table was set up for dinner. His teal eyes looked around, taking in the surrounding. It was quite clear from the manor that y/n's friend belonged to the higher status in the society.

"Oh...Mr Belen." An unfamiliar voice called out for him. He turned around and his teal hues landed on the e/c eyed lady.

"You look beautiful." He blabbered out, his eyes still fixed on her.

Sandra lips curled up in a wide grin. She almost looked like a cheshire cat with the wide smile in her visage. Her heart was swelling up for the two. It took every fiber of her not to squeal like a teenage girl at the moment.

"Uh... I..." He stuttered, looking flustered when he realised what he has just said.

"Thank you. You look very good yourself." Y/n replied promptly with a faint smile, calming down his racing heart.

"By the way, I am Sandra. You must be Belen. It's so nice to meet you. Thank you for accepting the invitation and coming over." Sandra introduced herself, breaking through the awkard bubble.

"Yes." He answered with a smile. "And you don't need to thank me. I should thank you instead for inviting me." He put forth the bouquet. "It is not much. But I hope you like it."

"That's so sweet of you. I love it." She accepted the bouquet with a wide smile. "Please have a seat. The dinner is almost ready."

"Thank you." Hermes said with an awkard smile for his teal eyes to soon return back to gaze at the h/c coloured lady. He noticed she had worn one of the dresses he had gifted her on the first met. It made his heart flutter to know she was wearing something he purchased for her. However, on recalling she thought it was from Apollo somehow made him feel not so giddy.

Shaking the thought out of his mind, he pulled out the chair and turned to her. "Lady y/n."

'Awwwww!!!I'm going to get diabetes!!!' Sandra squealed internally.

"Thank you." The said woman thanked and took the seat. Hermes pulled another chair for the brown eyed woman but she waved it off immediately with a wide smile.

"It's alright. I need to go and check the food. Both of you can catch up while I go check them up..." With those words, Sandra skipped away humming to herself, feeling all giddy for the two.

"Please don't mind her. She is just like that." Y/n spoke out once her friend was out of sight. "Anyway, thank you for coming. I would not have heard the end of it from Sandra if you had failed to appear today."

He chuckled. "Why?"

The e/c eyed woman rested her chin on her palm. A bored look crossed her visage. "Sandra thinks there is something going on between us." She stated plainly. "When we are just friends. But I'm glad her misunderstanding will get all cleared up tonight."

His smile faltered. But he forced a smile when her eyes trailed back to meet his. "Yes."

A/N: sorry for not updating for so long