CHAPTER 17

HERMES STOOD AT A DISTANCE WATCHING Y/N TALK WITH APOLLO IN HORROR

HERMES STOOD AT A DISTANCE WATCHING Y/N TALK WITH APOLLO IN HORROR. What was his brother doing with her? He thought Apollo clearly despised the lady for insulting him. Yet, there he was conversing with the e/c eyed woman with a subtle smile in his handsome countenance.

What could they be discussing about?

He wanted to walk in between their conversation. But he held himself back. He had been away from her for a whole couple of weeks. Trying to figure what to do next? Whether to confide his feelings to her without revealing his identity or to take the risk of telling her the truth about his identity and bear the consequences of his lies. However, as he stood there observing the two converse, an impending fear swell in his heart and his stomach twisted and turned in pain. The mere thought of his brother revealing the truth made his heart pound in his mouth.

She could end up hating him and he could not bear to see those beautiful eyes of hers glare at him with pure hatred and betrayal. It wounded his heart to just imagine such a thing. He knew deep down that one day she would eventually come to learn about his true identity. But he was not ready to face the consequences now. When he was so deeply in love with her.

For goodness' sake, he had lied to her even about his name. Everything he had told her about himself were all lies.

Only his feelings were real.

He had never thought in his wildest dreams that he'd fell in love with the ordinary, plain looking woman whom he had sought out just to get rid of his boredom. If he knew, he would never had lied to her. But again, she despised the gods. So would she had let him enter her life if she knew he was one of the gods — she deemed to be sinful and tainted.

He could not deny that he was not sinful in his ways and followed his carnal desires. That he relished himself with the luxuries which came with being a god. However, he had change. He swore, he had never look at another woman ever since he realised his feelings for her.

"Okay. I wish you a safe journey." The soothing voice of the e/c eyed woman reached his ears, bringing him out of his turmoil. He fixed his gaze on her once again and watched as she bid her brother goodbye with a gentle smile.

Apollo had been paying her a visit every once a while since the past couple of weeks. And each time, he would bring her flowers from the garden of olympus.The gesture though small made the h/c woman — who was not used to receiving bouquets from a man —happy.

Apollo would also pay close attention to her words and gift her little presents aside from bouquet — like the book she had talk to him about on a particular day or the cheap bangles she admired as they walked passed the street. He did not spoil her with fine jewelleries and expensive clothings. His gifts were humble and small. Yet it was the small things that mattered.

Though he still looked rather displeased when she speak poorly of the gods, it was not bad having him around. In fact, y/n was slowly beginning to get used to his presence and even enjoying it — though she would never admit it. Without even realising, she was starting to watch her mouth around the golden haired man so as to not upset him.

The changes were subtle. Small enough to go unnoticed yet it clearly showed the bond forming between the two — who once did not quite fancy one another.

Hermes approached the woman as soon as his brother was out of sight.

"Y/n..." He called out to her, his voice almost desperate as she was about to turn to stepped inside her house. The said lady turned to face him. Her eyes widened a little in surprise to see him. Yet, her lips curled up in a warm welcoming smile soon after.

"Belen. It's been so long since we last meet. Have you been away on a business trip?" She asked. She had found it quite odd when the man had stopped showing up at her porch so suddenly. She would be lying, if she said she did not missed his company. His absence had also somewhat worried her as he had seemed quite upset and troubled the previous time.

"Yes." He lied.

'Again another lie. you know, the more you lie the more you are going to end up hurting her when she finds out about it.' the voices in his head told him. He knew what the voices said was true but he was just not ready to tell her the truth. So, he shook it away and continued to talk to her with a false smile.

"I had to leave immediately due to an urgent business in another town. I am sorry, I left without even seeing you."

"It is quite alright. I understand. You are a busy man afterall." She replied with a smile. "Would you like to come in for tea?" She offered, stepping aside for him to enter. He gladly accepted it and stepped inside her humble abode. It was warm and cozy like always. Everything was well organised and neat. But this time, instead of the faint relaxing smell of herbs, the place was filled with the sweet scent of flowers.

He looked around to see bouquets of flowers placed on each corner of the quarter in beautiful vases. He could easily recognise the flowers as it were from the garden of Olympus. Another bouquet of flowers was set on the centre of the small dine table, in the middle. The flowers were beautiful and elevated the appearance of the simple room. However, he found himself not appreciating it.

And he knew why.

A/N: I HAVE AN UPCOMING IMP EVENT FOR WHICH I'VE BEEN PREPARING FOR

A/N: I HAVE AN UPCOMING IMP EVENT FOR WHICH I'VE BEEN PREPARING FOR. SO, I CANNOT UPDATE THE STORY LIKE I USUALLY DID BACK THEN WHEN I STARTED IT. ALSO, THERE IS THE THING WITH WRITER BLOCKS WHICH I AM EXPERIENCING WITH THIS BOOK. HENCE, IT TAKES TIME FOR ME TO COME UP WITH A NEW CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND AND BEAR WITH ME.

 I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND AND BEAR WITH ME