CHAPTER 36

"Are you alright, y/n?" Apollo inquired, his golden hues gazed at her visage with concern

"Are you alright, y/n?" Apollo inquired, his golden hues gazed at her visage with concern. "Did something happened?"

The said woman lifted up her gaze to meet his. Her serene eyes beautifully portraying the pain hidden in her heart like they were a window to her soul and heart. "I broke my engagement with Belen." She confessed, her voice just above a whisper. But it did not go unheard as his eyes widened in disbelief. "I am sorry, I never told you about it. I just didn't know how to tell you."

"I love him very much, Apollo. But it feel like I'm losing myself doing so." She confessed after a long pause, her voice carrying a weight while her eyes hold back an ocean of tears.

"It's okay. Everything will be alright soon." Apollo consoled her as he placed his warm hand on her head with a bit of hesitation. "Can I do this?" He asked for her consent even though he had already placed his hand on her head to comfort her.

She smiled at him weakly, placing her smaller hand on top of his to bring it to her cheeks. "I don't mind it." She leaned onto his hand, basking in its warmth. "Your hand is warm." His warm hand comforted her like the first ray of sunlight consoled a lost soul in a dense forest. She did not know why. But she felt safe under his wings. He emitted a warmth which attracted her to him like a moth to a lantern.

Could it be because Cupid arrow could numb her love for Apollo and filled it with adoration for the other god. However, it could not turn the warmth, she felt in his presence, cold. Neither the sense of belonging and security he offered her. Maybe it was because Cupid arrow could only numb her heart and not her soul.

He watched her with a soft smile on his handsome countenance. She looked like a lost  child longing for the warmth of the burning flames on a cold winter night. His heart wished for the world to stop so he could remain with her for eternity. Yet at the same time, he did not wish so as her visage was contorted in a melancholic look. A look of a young maiden who had just lost her love.

He wanted her to be happy. Even if he wasn't the reason for it.

"Y/n. Do you still love him?" He asked in a calm soothing voice.

She peered up at him. "I do." Those words tugged the strings of his heart, making him feel a sharp pang. However, he offered him a warm smile. Hiding away his pain behind his mesmerising golden hues.

"Then why don't you give him another chance? If it pain you so much to part with him." He knew Hermes had still kept his identity a secret from her and he did not like it a little bit. She deserved to know the truth. However, seeing how in love she was with his brother just by the look in her serene e/c eyes. He could not bring himself to tell her the truth except wish for her happiness. For he knew the immeasurable pain it would bring upon her. And he did not wish to be the one to bring it upon her.

"Should I?" She replied. "Is it worth losing myself over?" It made Apollo gaze down at her with his golden hues brimming with sorrow. "Apollo, is it worth losing ourselves for love?" She did not know why she asked him those questions. It just slipped out of her lips like it was meant to be out there in the open. It was as if her soul wanted an answer to those questions for it yearn for someone else.

"I don't know, y/n." He did not know what to say. Even though deep down it was crystal clear that he would gladly lose himself for her love. But haven't he already lost his old self for her? The lustful self of his with an insatiable desire that no luxury or pleasure could satisfy.

...................

A/N: I feel like it's high time that I put an end to this book but since the chapters are quite short. It will take at least 10 more chapters before it comes to an end. Anyway, thank you for all the support and lovely comments. I really appreciate and am glad to know that you guys are enjoying my book 💗